It's Done

A Week Later

"I don't get why you want a divorce all of a sudden" My soon to be Ex says

"I finally realized I don't love you. Look I don't want anything but for you to sign the papers and then I'll let you go see Ivy"

"LET ME SEE HER? SHE'S MY KID?"

"Deek please calm down. She's not trying to take Ivy" The Lawyer says

"Yes she is"

"I'm not but she's with me right now so after you sign the papers I'll take you to see her."

He just stares at me and it's silent till the lawyer says "You get everything here. She doesn't even want money"

"What if I want something?" Ben ask leaning forward, folding his hands

"I don't have anything"

"My family"

I lean forwards and say "I'm. Done. Ben."

"FINE" he grabs the pen and pulls the papers towards him. I watch him sign his name and I feel a relief come over me. The lawyer sighs and smiles before nodding at us and handing it to his assistant "That wasn't so hard now was it?"

Ben glares at him and I stand up after grabbing my purse "There's a QT down the street. She's there"

He jumps out of his chair and says
"YOU LEFT MY BABY AT A GAS STATION WITH PERVES"

I glare at him but calmly say
"No. She likes there food and was hungry so my friend took her there while I handled this"

The lawyer looks back and forth between the two of us. I sigh before saying "You can go there my friend knows what you look like. I need to talk to Mr. Brinsley first.

He walks out with another word. Once the door is shut I sigh and sit down.
Mr. Brinsley looks at me sadly and ask "You ok"

"I don't know. I mean he's just changed from who he was when we first got together and I mean after having Ivy he was still great. I don't know what I did"

"You didn't do anything. These things just happen"

I sigh "I guess"

"Do you still want me to file the papers"

I look up at him, nod and say "Yeah. I don't want to be married to him anymore. He's not the guy I fell in love with."

He nods and I say "Ok I should get going. Thank you for everything honestly you have been the best lawyer"

"We then make sure to recommend me to your friends. Do u have my business card still?"

"No."

"Ok let me get you some. I'll be right back"

I nod and he leaves. A few seconds later I get a text. I flip the phone open and see it says Done. I sigh then put the phone away and Mr. Brinsley walks in

"Here you go. You can tell everyone you know"

I smile at the stack of cards and say "Ok. I will."