He Owed Me

"I need to talk to Clay"

I feel the weirdness in the room, everyone looking at each other. So I ask "What"

Jax "Why don't we go upstairs and talk"

Ivy's grip tightens around my neck "mommy! please no don't leave me"

I look at Jax and say "She isn't really doing good around guys right now" I move Ivy up on my hip when the girl behind the counter says "I can watch her"

I look at her then Jax and Ivy turns her head towards the girl but keeps her head on my shoulder.

I look at Chibs when he says
"We trust her lass"

Then I look at Happy who's standing infront of him a little
Happy "Trust me little girl"

I nod and look at Ivy. Pulling her back a little to look at her face, I wipe her cheeks and say "You said you trust me"

"I do"

"Then I need you to go with" I look at the young lady and she says "Brooke"

I look back at Ivy and say
"I need you to go with Brooke so mommy can start fixing this ok"

She doesn't say anything just stares at my shirt so I look at Brooke and nod. She walks around the counter and I tilt Ivy's chin to look at me "I promise you are safe"

"But what if"

I cut her off by saying
"No. That won't happen" As I kiss her forehead I whisper
"We're safe"

Then I hand Ivy to Brooke and thankfully she goes willing. I sigh of relief before I look at Jax who nods at the guys. I follow them up stairs, Happy right behind me with his hand on my lower back.

We walk into this room. First I see a sitting area then I see the Church table.

I stop and look at Jax as he walks to take his seat...... at the head. The rest take their seats. One I don't know, some I know but they are in different seats and some are not at the table, including the guy I need to see.

I snap out of my thoughts when Jax clears his throat, he gestures towards the end of the table where the guy I don't know is putting a chair. I politely smile at him then walk to sit down.

When I do I finally look at all their placements and patches.

Jax. President.

Chibs. V.President.

Tig no longer Sargent that's Happys place. I smile and laugh a little before looking at Jax, saying "Things have definitely changed"

Jax "We could say the same darlin"

I nod, gather my thoughts then say "Clay Owes Me"

Jax shifts in his seat as do Chibs and Tig. Happy just looks at Jax. Jax puts his hand on the table, playing with his rings, I'm assuming gathering his thoughts then he looks at me and says

"Clay was doing shit behind the clubs back. He got mayhem."

My heart drops. Not because Clay died but because I didn't know what I was going to do. I couldn't kill the guy myself I could go to prison then I couldn't protect her.

I'm snapped out of my thoughts. Seeing Happy kneeled infront of me, with his hands holding mine saying breath. I didn't even feel him turn my chair.

I realize I was breathing really fast so I get it under control and say "Then I should be going"

Happy's grip tightens a little and I see out the corner of my eye the guys look at each other

Jax "We still can help you"