💊💉 Health Corner 💉💊

What is Anemia?

Hemoglobin is the main protein in your red blood cells. It carries oxygen, and delivers it throughout your body. If you have anemia, your hemoglobin level will be low too. If it is low enough, your tissues or organs may not get enough oxygen.

What are the 6 types of anemia?

They include:

*Vitamin deficiency anemia. ...
*Anemia of inflammation.
*Aplastic anemia.
*Anemias associated with bone marrow disease.
*Hemolytic anemias.
*Sickle cell anemia.

What will happen if anemia is not treated?

If left untreated, iron-deficiency anemia can cause serious health problems. Having too little oxygen in the body can damage organs. With anemia, the heart must work harder to make up for the lack of red blood cells or hemoglobin.

What is the fastest way to cure anemia?

Here Are Some Natural Remedies for Anemia You Can Try

Increase Vitamin C intake. Anemia tends to weaken your immune system and thus, you may be more prone to infections and inflammatory diseases. ... Yogurt with Turmeric. ... Eat more green vegetables. ... Drink up. ... Copper water. ... Sesame seeds. ... Raisins and dates.

How does anemia make you feel?

This often depends on the severity of the anemia. Common signs and symptoms include tiredness, pale skin, noticeable heartbeats, headaches and dizziness, feeling short of breath, dry and damaged hair and skin, sore or swollen tongue and mouth, restless legs and brittle or spoon-shaped nails.

Does anemia go away?

“If you're losing blood from somewhere, once you address that the anemia will go away fairly quickly,” said Paranjape. “For iron-deficiency, it's pretty straightforward whether you take an iron supplement or adjust your diet.”

What is considered severe anemia?

Grade 1, considered mild anemia, is Hb from 10 g/dL to the lower limit of normal; grade 2 anemia, or moderate anemia, is Hb from 8 to less than 10 g/dL; grade 3, or severe anemia, is below 8 g/dL; grade 4, is life-threatening anemia; grade 5 is death (Table).

What are the stages of anemia?

There are many facets of iron deficiency which include: iron loss, iron intake, iron absorption, and physiological demand and if the iron is depleted at one of these sources it leads to IDA. There are three stages to iron deficiency: pre-latent, latent, and IDA.

Please vote this chapter thank you 💕