Prolouge: Where it all began

"We aren't worth it!"

"Oh, but you are Fluttershy. You are the pony who taught me that friendship is magic. I had magic and friendship. And now, I don't have either." I blew it with my friendship with all of these ponies, maybe even Rainbow Dash. He wept into his lion paw and eagle claw.

***

"I'm sorry" Discord, the draconequus muttered to his best friend Fluttershy, a yellow pegasus.

"I know" she muttered, at that moment something officially snapped inside of Discord, something that he had not realized was there. How can I make this up to my dear Fluttershy, he thought. She probably hates me and will never want to be my friend again.

***

"Tirek tricked me into believing that he could offer me something more valuable than friendship. But there is nothing worth more. I see that now. He lied when he said that this medallion was given as a sign of gratitude and loyalty. But when I say that it is a sign of our true friendship, I am telling the truth." He placed the medallion around Twilight's neck and stepped back. I hope this helps open the chest, they need what's in it badly so they can defeat Tirek. Not that they need it, it's already there. He ran after the group to the chest.

***

"Where's my throne?" Discord questioned the ponies.

"I don't think you're quite there yet." Fluttershy told him as he blushed.

"Well I uh.. I suppose not." He looked up at her. So majestical and yet I will never have her to... Oh quit thinking of that Discord! You will not go soft... Even for a beautiful creature like her...

*** (2 years after the Tirek insident)

Discord looked at a picture of his beloved on a night stand in his newly made castle, on the land that Princess Celestia gave him. He sighed as he brushed the glass of the frame where Fluttershy's hair was.

"Oh Fluttershy, why did I get myself into this mess, I can't deny it any more, I-I-I love you Fluttershy." He sighed as he knew she would never hear those words from him, not ever would he tell her how he felt, for he didn't want to loose his only real friend.

(At Fluttershy's cottage)

Fluttershy looked down at Angel. He was stomping his foot impatiently as she was fixing his salad for the picky eater. She gazed at him and saw his face which reminded her so much of her best friend, Discord. He's always so dramatic... But yet he's so sweet, sweeter than one of Pinkie's cupcakes, well those are a different story but never would I tell her that with any of my friends around... Especially not Rainbow Dash... She finished the salad and went to her room. She looked at the same picture Discord was looking at (though she didn't know that) and thought, you are so sweet Discord... But there's no way a powerful being like you would want me... Is there? She shook her head from the thoughts and looked at the picture of him again. All she had wanted was for them to be together but fate had a different set for her. She couldn't have Big Mac because he married Cheerlie a year ago, and well she couldn't think of any other stallion she had high respect for... All of the others just stare at her and drool. She hugged the picture and whispered to it, "I will always love you even if you do make me mad every once and awile... You are my one and only true love."