She leans her head onto the wall behind her "nothing really, I was bored"

I giggle, "what you doing today?"

"Jenny invited me over!" She smiles widely.

I can tell Jenny is her best friend. "Aw that sounds fun, what time you going?"

"3, I think we're gonna go to the movies and then go and get pizza, Jenny asked me to sleepover but I'm scared"

I furrow my brows "why you scared for silly?"

She shrugs her shoulders "be away from you guys".

My heart soars and I cant help the grin that spreads across my face. I love this girl so much "Sof, there's nothing to be scared about. You're gonna have so much fun over there and you'll come back tomorrow and tell me all about it okay?"

Sofia slowly nods but I can tell she's still scared

"Any time you wanna come home just let Jenny's parents know and they'll tell us to come and get you. Sound good?"

This time shes in thought and then nods her head "that sounds good!"

"Okay then! Sorted"

Just then Lauren walks out of her room with her headphones in and glances my way with a sad smile and she glances to Sofia.

I smile back.

I wonder what's wrong with her.

Sofia leaves to go to Jenny's house so it's the four of us left in the house.

Lauren is downstairs with her Dad and I dont want to go and interrupt them even though I want to see her. I'm so clingy even I hate myself.

I wait 10 more minutes and then I go down. Lauren is laying down on the sofa with her head on her dad's lap as they both watch something on the TV.

I stop in the hallway and look at them. They look so cute. Like Lauren is young and in need of her Dad.

I make my way into the kitchen and make myself a sandwich. Before I leave I grab a drink and head upstairs to my room. Midway through my first bite of my second half of my sandwich Lauren comes in.

She sits opposite me on my bed and goes on her phone.

I bite down on my food trying to finish and then my phone buzzes.

Lauren: hi

I smile. She's right there.

Camila: Well hi back

Lauren looks at her phone serious and starts typing. My heart stops. I hope she's not going to say we have to stop this again. I wouldnt cope.

Lauren: I miss you

I look at the words on the screen and then back at her. Her eyes are remained on her phone and I feel a sense of sadness.

I get up from my bed and close my door.

I take the sandwich off my bed and go over to her and put my hand on her phone making her look at me.

"I miss you too" I whisper to her.

She closes her eyes and leans her forehead against mine.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" I let out

"Nothing" she replies and takes us both down on the bed so we're cuddling face to face.

I sigh. "You can talk to me you know. I want you to talk to me" I reach out to touch her smooth face and she frowns  eyes opening.

"I know, I'm just not ready"

I nod.

"Can I do anything to make it better?"

She shakes her head sadly and her energy is passed onto me.

I frown and lean in to kiss her cheek.

Her eyes close again so I kiss her forehead and her nose and her eyelids until my nose is rubbing against hers and I kiss her lips. Her hands shoot straight up into my hair and i smile into the kiss.

It's a slow and meaningful kiss and a few minutes in I can feel her tears on her cheeks.

I lean my forehead against hers "I dont like it when you're sad"

"Sorry"

"Dont be sorry" I wipe her tears. "I think you're amazing! And you make me feel all these things and i just wanna make you feel good too"

"You do. I promise you do" she takes out her pinky and gives me a look for me to take out mine. I do and she connects them.

"Lauren" I look into her eyes

"Yeah" she looks back expectantly

I was going to say something stupid then. I was going to tell her I love her. What the fuck is wrong with me. I cant tell her that. But looking into her eyes right now and feeling all these things, I really think I do. Fuck.

"Can I sleep in your room tonight?"

Lauren smiles back and nods