"I'm sorry professor, but it was for the best", evelyn mumbled.

she knew that dumbledore probably couldn't hear her, but she had felt that this was necessary.

while under evelyn's imperious curse, dumbledore sat up like the girl had commanded and answered all her questions.

"tell me how many horcruxes did voldemort create".

"eight", dumbledore robotically answered.

"and what are all the horcruxes?"

"tom riddle's diary, marvolo gaunt's ring, the ravenclaw diadem, the hufflepuff cup, the slytherin locket, voldemort himself, and most likely his pet snake nagini", dumbledore answered.

"but that's only seven. what's the eighth—"

before evelyn could finish asking her questions, olivia cooed, perching on top of evelyn's shoulder.

evelyn quickly untied the notes that were on olivia's leg as she muttered them out loud.

"I expect to see the wand once I arrive", evelyn uttered.

realizing that it had meant that voldemort could appear here any second, evelyn quickly commanded dumbledore to go to sleep and get back into his tombstone.

hesitantly taking the elder wand from dumbledore, evelyn sighed as she waited for the dark lord to appear.

"I see that you've got what I need", a cold voice said, making evelyn hastily turn around and kneel.

"indeed my lord. I present you the elder wand", evelyn breathed out, offering the wand for voldemort to take.

voldemort snatched the wand out of the girl's hand and observed it, seeming to have doubted the realness of the wand itself.

"very well. you did extremely well", voldemort praised, making evelyn bite her bottom lip in fear.

her worst fear was that the dark lord would find out about her plan of destroying all the horcruxes, but it seemed that he had other ideas.

"evelyn, stop kneeling, you're making your pants dirty".

evelyn wobbled up as she refused to make direct eye contact with the man.

this was her first time being alone with voldemort and it was way more intimidating than when she was at the meeting with the other death eaters.

"how's the progress on spying on your friends?", voldemort casually asked as he touched the tip of the wand.

"m-my lord, my sincerest apologies, but I have lost them", evelyn meekly spurted out.

voldemort chuckled, making evelyn's hair on the back of her neck stand up in terror. she had messed up, she knew. but for the man to laugh so happily, she had foreseen her death.

"oh evelyn, no need to be so uptight now. lucky for you, pius found the three at the ministry of magic. I heard the red-haired boy's arm was splinched, a perfect time for you to finish him off, if you know what I mean", voldemort smiled, glancing at the shivering girl.

"o-of course my lord".

"good. I expect to hear results in no more than a week. keep up the great work evelyn. you're more useful than that boyfriend of yours", voldemort commented before he disappeared into nowhere.

evelyn unclenched her fists as she wiped her tears away.

"olivia, I can't do it. I can't kill ron", evelyn quietly sobbed as she dropped down to her knees.

olivia, sensing the sadness of her owner nudged her head against evelyn's leg.

evelyn took the other note that was tied to olivia's leg and cried even more.

'evelyn, wherever you are, I hope you're doing well. mother and father have been fine, but I miss you dearly. stay safe.

love, draco malfoy'.

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘