𝟓.𝟓

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"EXPELLIARMUS!", neville casted. yet the boy was unsuccessful as the stick in the dummy's hand did not budge.

"it's okay neville! keep on practicing and you'll definitely get it. try swishing your wand more and having a firmer grip", harry advised, to which neville just nodded.

dumbledore's army (d.a.), was currently practicing defense spells in the room of requirements.

evelyn glanced at harry who perhaps looked a little jealous as cho was happily being helped by cedric. the girl walked over to harry and patted his shoulder.

"you know, it does you no good to stick with one girl when you clearly have one that's willing to die for you", evelyn said.

harry sighed. "I know".

"don't worry harry. look on the bright side! all of these people are improving because of you", evelyn smiled, seeing the different houses of people practicing their spells.

harry's lips slightly curled up. indeed, the others were improving. he was lucky to have hermione, ron, and evelyn supporting him.

"malfoy doesn't know about this does he?", harry suddenly asked.

evelyn shook her head, looking down at her feet in slight guilt.

"he doesn't. it's for the best of all of us", evelyn replied, making harry pat the girl's back.

"it's alright. perhaps it's good for him to not know that you hang around us. he'd probably dock points off our houses just for spending too much time with you", harry grumbled.

evelyn chuckled. "he's just a little overprotective, that's all".

"a little?! malfoy nearly hexed that one first-year gryffindor that had just asked you for directions the other day!"

evelyn awkwardly scratched her head.

"anyways, I won't be able to spend christmas with the weasleys this year. do you mind giving them my presents?", evelyn asked.

"oh sure. where are you going?"

"the malfoy manor", evelyn casually answered.