𝟐.𝟗

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐

└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

FOR the next few months, evelyn continued to receive little notes from her secret admirer.

at times, she would confide in ginny, hermione or hannah. but since hermione and hannah didn't exactly have crushes (lockhart did not count for hermione), they didn't really understand.

ginny at times would look as if she was confused, at times pale. sometimes, the girl wondered if ginny was okay, but didn't want to pressure her into telling her anything.

harry had also informed ron, hermione, and evelyn about his missing diary. apparently a man named tom riddle enchanted the leathery book, thus explaining how he was able to respond to whatever harry wrote in the notebook.

"so...it's like you're talking to a ghost that's trapped in a book...", evelyn stated, while everyone else was trying to process harry's talking diary.

"well...yeah, basically", harry agreed.

as if a lightbulb suddenly went off in evelyn's brain, she felt a huge surge of excitement run through her body.

"tom riddle...harry what's his middle name?", evelyn asked.

"oh umm..I'm not sure...sorry", harry apologized. "why?"

"oh, it's nothing!", evelyn smiled as she ran off.

over the few months that she's been receiving those anonymous notes, she had observed every little detail that the notes may have contained.

trying to figure out who it was, the girl had no luck, as every time she suspected someone, it would turn out to not be them.

grabbing her bag from her shared room with hannah, she headed towards the library, as she needed to focus.

since hannah was doing homework, evelyn didn't want to bother the girl with her muttering anyways.

hastily walking towards the quiet place, evelyn had accidentally bumped into the blonde boy of most people's nightmares.

"what've you got there gardener?", malfoy sneered as he picked up some of the love notes that were splattered onto the floor.

"Dear ms. gardener, I've heard that you talked to my friend today. she seems to feel slightly better after consulting you. I must say, you do a splendid job comforting others. can't wait to meet you soon~", malfoy read in a mocking tone.