the owl cooed as she flew off into the sky. evelyn looked at her sun ring as she ran her thumb over it.

"see you soon my love".

—✼—

throughout the week, everything seemed remotely peaceful.

rufus scrimgeour, the minister of magic, delivered dumbledore's will to harry, ron, and hermione.

harry received the snitch that he had first caught at his first game. supposedly he was also supposed to inherit the gryffindor sword, but rufus claimed that it didn't actually belong to the great wizard, thus, it cannot be passed down to harry.

ron received a delumintaor that turns lights off while hermione got a book of wizard fairy tales.

though all three did not know what it had implied.

later in the week, bill weasley and fleur delacour held a wedding. evelyn thought the timing was quite odd, but continued to observe as she hid in the shadows.

the death eaters once again attacked, separating the order of the phoenix and harry and his friends.

evelyn wasn't able to catch up as she didn't know where harry, hermione, and ron aparated to.

she could only assume that they would head out to find and destroy all the horcruxes. though to destroy the horcruxes, she had remembered harry telling her about how he had destroyed tom riddle's diary with the basilisk's poisonous fang.

however, in order to get the snake's fang, she would have to access the chamber of secrets, and the girl could not do that as she was not able to speak parseltongue.

stuck with what her next step should be, evelyn touched the necklace that narcissa has given her one christmas.

and as if merlin had blessed her, evelyn suddenly had an idea.

she needed to find dumbledore and for all everyone else knew—except hagrid and herself—dumbledore was dead.

evelyn took the nimbus 2001 out of her bag, that could fit nearly everything in it, and rode off into the island of loch eilt, where hagrid had burried the man.

once evelyn had reached the destination, with a flick of her wand, the tombstone moved.

she searched for the grand wiggenweld potion as she inched closer to dumbledore's cold body.

pouring the potion in the old wizard's mouth, it took a few minutes before dumbledore's eyes fluttered open.

evelyn felt massive guilt as she had put the man under an imperious curse, controlling dumbledore at his weakest when she had purposely slipped some sleeping potion into the wizard's tea.

when snape had "killed" dumbledore, his body—which was still under the imperious curse—had flown off the tower.

the reason he did not die was because evelyn had committed a sin for the wizard to live.

evelyn had successfully created a horcrux, though against dumbledore's will, and killed a unicorn for it.

thus why dumbledore was not dead, only temporarily incapacitated.