♡ The Battle of New York

Age: 10

"Stark, you know that's a one way trip."

Tony was already carrying the nuke on his back, and he could feel his heart thumping with every second that passed by. His breathing was becoming erratic, and his mind was racing on every single possibility that he might not come back.

"Save the rest for the turn, J" Tony breathed out, trying his best to focus on his current situation without completely freaking out. "Sir, shall I try Y/N?" The A.I. asked. Tony hesitated, before seeing your face appear on the screen inside of his helmet, and knowing he had to say goodbye. "Might as well" He spoke softly, listening as the line began to ring.

"Dad?" You immediately answered, and all Tony could do was fight the urge to start sobbing. "Hi pumpkin," He breathed,

"I'm in New York right now, a-and I just want to tell you that I love you, with all of my heart. You're the greatest person that I've ever had in my life, and nothing will ever, ever change that" He spoke, feeling tears building up at the edge of his eyelids.

"I love you too, dad. Is everything okay? Are you okay?" You asked. Tony could hear you heavily breathing through the phone. "I'm okay. I'm really okay" He said, feeling his suit turn on the thrusters as he turned towards the giant wormhole in the sky.

"The next time I see you, I am going to give you the biggest hugs. I am going to hold you, and never let you go" Tony cried, flying upwards towards the hole before bumping into the top of Stark tower.

"Dad, please come home, I'm really scar-"

The line cut out once Tony entered space. His suit began to shut down, and the nuke flew from his grasp and towards the Chitari mothership. Tony watched as the ship exploded, closing his eyes as he prepared to die in the endless void that surrounded him.

Right as Steve ordered Natasha to close the wormhole, Tony began to fall back to Earth. Steve and Thor watched his lifeless metal armor fling around in the air like a rag doll, and right as Thor prepared to catch Tony's falling body, Hulk came and grabbed him, scraping against a building and falling onto his back with cradling Tony.

Hulk tossed Tony off of him, and Thor pulled off his face mask, reveling a still, unconscious Tony. They waited a few seconds, seeing if Stark would awake, before Hulk released a loud rawr, startling Tony to wake up.

"What the hell... What just happened... Please tell me nobody kissed me..." Tony panted, looking around at all of the destruction. "We won" Steve said, and Tony let out a sigh of relief.

"Alright, heey, alright good job guys! Let's just not come in tomorrow, let's just take a day," Tony said, looking over at Steve "have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it."

"We're not finished yet" Thor grumbled.
Tony sighed, "And then shawarma after?"

~~~

The second Tony saw you, he couldn't help but run over to you and pick you up and off of your feet. He covered you in hundreds of kisses all around your face, before embracing you into the biggest hug. You wrapped your arms around him, feeling safe in his grasp. "Please don't do that again" you whispered, resting your head on your fathers shoulder.

"I won't" Tony said, pulling away and looking at you. You had tears streaming down your face while looking at your father. Tony used the hem of his shirt to wipe away your tears, taking you back into another hug.

"I told you, the next time I see you I'm never going to let go" He mumbled, earning a chuckle from you. "Even if I want ice cream?" You questioned. Tony shifted to face you again before smirking. "Okay. Let's go get ice cream" He sighed, and you immediately jumped from his arms and cheered. 

"Or, do you want to get shawarma? I had it with a few friends and it was pretty good" Tony offered, earning a confused look from you. "No... I'll take the ice cream" You said, standing by the door and waiting for Tony as he grabbed his car keys. "Yeah, but it was worth a shot" He muttered to himself, as you both exited your home.