♡ The Wrong Side

Age: 15

You were in your bedroom, laying on your bed while listening to music and going through your phone. You heard Tony come in and slam the door to the apartment, which startled you.

Slowly taking out your earbuds, you made your way out of your room and saw Tony unpacking take out containers from a plastic bag.

"Hey, dad" You greeted, leaning against the wall. He stayed silent, crunching the bag between his fist before chucking it into the garbage. "Set the table, please" he muttered, not even looking at you. You rolled your eyes and began to set the table, placing two plates, forks, and napkins down.

You grabbed Tony's favorite glass and slammed it onto the table, pouring his favorite whiskey for him. He turned and looked at you, confused. "I'm not in the mood for alcohol" He said, opening and placing the take out containers onto the table.

"This isn't for you" you replied, flashing him a playful smirk. "On second though, I am in the mood" He took the glass from the table, and chugged it in one swig. "I needed that" he whispered to himself, before taking a seat.

You sat across from him, watching as he took your plate and placed food onto it before returning it back to you. "What's got you so worked up?" You asked, using your fork to push the food around on your plate.

"You're home all day, and you don't take a second to watch the news?" He snapped, releasing a brief sigh afterwards.

You were taken aback by his comment, not even responding. "I'm sorry, It's just... Don't you ever want to punch someone really, really bad, but you can't?" Tony clenched his fists, physically expressing his internal frustration.

"What did Cap do now?" You chuckled, filling your mouth with a bite of lukewarm, yet delicious food.

"The United Nations want to regulate the Avengers, and of course, he's disagreeing," Tony began "you know, for someone who was frozen for 40 years, he's a real asshole!"

"Why do the Avengers need to be regulated, though?" You puzzled, continuing to devour your dinner, while Tony didn't even look at his.

"The Avengers have failed a lot of people, Y/N. A lot, that don't get talked about. With regulation, we can cut that number down so we're protecting everybody" Tony's voice grew loud, and you could tell he was growing more frustrated than he already was.

You shrugged, setting down your fork and wiping your face with your napkin. "I think it's dumb" You grumbled, and Tony's eyes widened. "Dumb? You think giving protection is dumb?" He questioned. "Dad, the Avengers defeated aliens. Actual, aliens! Why are you agreeing with these stupid accords!" You shouted, resisting the urge to pound your fists on the table.

"Y/N, enough"

"Cap has every right to be disagreeing. I would be too, if I was an Avenger" You said, angrily poking at your food with your fork. "Well, you're not an Avenger. You're a 14 year old who doesn't know how to handle hardships, because she's been privileged her whole life!" Tony spat, this time feeling no remorse for his cruel words.

Slamming your fork down onto the table, you looked at Tony, feeling rage simmering deep within you. You stood up from the table walking away before turning back to Tony. "Cap's not the asshole in this situation. I'm looking at him, right now" You uttered before storming off to your room and slamming your door.

The frustration continued to pile on Tony's shoulders, and he couldn't even hold himself up anymore. He shot up from his chair and made his way to your door, pounding in the wood. "Y/N, open the door" He commanded, yet you ignored him.

"Y/N!" He shouted again, leaning against the doorframe. "Sorry, I'm too privileged to open the door!" You yelled back, before blasting your music loudly in your room. "Friday, enable Time-Out Protocol" Tony called putting to his A.I. 

"On it, boss" She responded. Suddenly, your music paused, your phone turned off and your windows became smoky with dark tint. Your door swiftly opened, revealing your angered state. "You're childish" you condemned, pointing your finger in Tony's direction.

Tony suppressed his rage, releasing a deep and long sigh. Your gazes locked, and you looked up at him, shooting daggers with your annoyed sight. "You're on the wrong side of this fight. Y/N. I'm disappointed" Tony retorted, crossing his arms.

"Yeah? Speak for yourself." You choked, holding back tears before retreating back into your room. Tony remained outside of your door for a few minutes, before realizing there was no point in trying to change your mind, even if deep down he thought he could.