♡ Partners

Age: 16

Peter Parker was late for band practice, again. He quickly walked through the empty hallways of Midtown Tech, stuffing his homemade Spider-Man suit into his backpack. He pushed through the large wooden doors and entered the band room. His senses tingled, as he was able to feel the vibrations of every instrument playing as the fearsome student band conductor led the entirety of students through the usual warmups. 

Peter tried to be as slick as possible, sliding his trumpet from his case as slowly as possibly, trying to avoid eye contact with the conductor as her hands gracefully flew through the air as if she were performing invisible magic right before the bands eyes. 

As Peter put his trumpet together, he dropped his backpack to the floor and tried to slide across the chairs of students, bumping into their legs and messing up the chorale warmup, earning a sudden pause across the band, as the conductor put her hands down and waited for Peter to get situated. 

"Late again, Parker?" You furrowed your eyebrows, and stared at him. "I-I'm sorry, Y/N" He muttered as he sat down in his empty seat. "Page 15. Chorale on the top left, please" You raised your arms to begin conducting once more, while Peter shuddered in shame from the rows of stares he was getting from the peers around him. 

You led the band once more, the humming melody of flutes, trumpets and clarinets fluttered throughout the band room, earning a smile to appear on your face. It was safe to say that you had a passion for music, considering your father does nothing but perform mini rock concerts for you since you've been a child. 

Your love for music grew into an amazing opportunity to become the student band conductor for Midtown Tech's wind ensemble, and you were amazing at it. Only issue, you number one trumpet, was always, always late. 

You'd always complain to your father about this particular student's tardiness, and he'd always tell you "Just give the kid a break, he might have IBS or something". But you are your fathers daughter; You are a total perfectionist.

Band practice had quickly come to an end, and you were packing up your binder of music, and before you knew it, there was a tall figure standing right above you. 

"Hello Peter" You muttered, with a subtle tone of annoyance stitched into your voice. "Look, Y/N. I'm really sorry I'm always late, I just wanted to tell you that. Something came up with this internship I do and-"

"What internship?" You questioned, crossing your arms and looking right into Peter's eyes. 

"T-The Stark Internship" He blurted out. 

"Stark Internship? You're an intern for my dad?" You pressed, taking a step closer to Peter. "W-Well, yes, but it's more of a Stark Industries type of deal- Why are you taking your phone out?" Peter's eyes widened, as he was afraid of breaking one of Mr. Stark's  rules when it came to his daughter. 

1. Don't tell her you're Spider-Man

2. Don't date her

3. Do NOT date her

"I'm calling my dad and telling him that he needs to give you Wednesday's off. I need you more than he does" You began to press buttons, beginning to dial your fathers number before Peter tried to take your phone from your hands, but you avoided his grasp. He quickly took a look around the entirety of the band room and gained confidence once he saw you two were alone, and quickly used his web shooters to grasp your phone out of your hand, and stick it to the wall.

You had almost fallen to the ground once you had realized what had just happened. You stared at your phone that was webbed to the wall, and looked back at Peter with the upmost shock spread across your face. 

"Y-You're Spider-Man" You whispered. "Look, you can't tell your dad I told you, he doesn't want you to know, but I couldn't have you call him because he doesn't want me doing superhero stuff unless he tells me to, so you need to keep this a secret" Peter pleaded. 

You bit down on your bottom lip, and released a sigh. "Only if I'm your partner" you smirked, earning a wide-eyed glance from Peter. "What, like Spider-Girl? Spider-Woman?" He questioned. "No, I mean, I wanna help you. Tell you active crimes, design suits, design tech. I'm not all music and conducting, you know?" You said. 

Peter couldn't believe what he was hearing. His boss's daughter wanted to help him be Spider-Man, the girl he's had a massive crush on since she started school at Midtown had just asked him to be his parter. You held out your hand and wore a smile on your face.

"Partners?" You raised your eyebrows. 

"Partners." Peter grasped your hand with his.