♡ The Cave

~ This imagine doesn't have you in it, it's just Tony talking about you. Enjoy! ~

The days were beginning to feel longer, and the nights were much colder. Tony had estimated that almost a month had passed since he was captured, but as time passed he was beginning to lose track of the days, along with his hope.

At nights he stayed awake, unable to adjust to the blue glow that now came from his chest. Every time he looked down, he thought about how you would react to his glowing chest, and if you would be scared.

Tony sat across from his captive mate, Yinsen, as they played a board game to try and ease their brains about their situation. Tony rolled the dice, and moved a few pieces to his side of the board, looking up at Yinsen.

"You still never told me where you're from" Tony said. Yinsen looked up at him, their eyes locking. "I'm from a small town called Gulmira. It's actually a nice place" Yinsen smiled, taking the dice from Tony's hand.

"Got a family?" Tony asked, watching Yinsen as he rolled the dice and laid them out onto the game board. "Yes, and I'm going to see them when I leave here. And you, Stark?" Yinsen moved some of Tony's pieces over to his side of the board.

Tony could feel guilt building at the back of his throat, his eyes almost tearing at the thought of you. "A daughter." He blurted out. He smiled, trying his best to keep his composure. Yinsen could tell by Tony's face that he was having a hard time, and he almost regretted asking him.

"She's this little... firecracker. She loves ice cream, and her best friend is this big, pink, unicorn which she named Eugene-"

Tony took a brief pause as images of your smile, your voice and your warmth flashed in his mind like a movie. He looked down at his lap, biting down on his lip and trying to resist the urge to let all of his emotions go in front of someone who he barely knows. especially when the people holding him captive are watching him.

"The last thing I said to her was 'I'll be back in the morning, kid'" Tony looked up at Yinsen, who had his arms folded on the table. "I promised her I'd be back, and I'm not back" Tony whimpered, covering his mouth with his hands.

Yinsen leaned forward against the table, getting Tony's eyes to meet with his. "You promised her that you would be back, and you're going to be back. That is my promise to you" Yinsen gave Tony a comforting smile, that sparked a fire that engulfed Tony with the need to get back home to you.