t w e n t y t w o

++++++++++++++++++++

*Harry's P.O.V*

-One month later-

I'm still here holding her hand praying for her to open her eyes. But she hasn't and I don't think she ever will. Yet, I don't have the heart to accept that she really is gone. because a piece of me doesn't believe she is. She is still in there. I hear shuffling feet and muffled voices from outside the door. Right then a doctor and Nevaeh's parents walked in together. Her mothers features were depressing to look at. As for her father his features were cold showing no emotion what so ever.

"Would you please step out," The doctor asks politely.

I shook my head, "No I won't,"

"Harry-" He begins to say but my mother cuts him off and her eyes grow wide.

"You are Harry?" She asks quietly.

"Yes ma'am," I say and she runs to me engulfing me in a tight hug.

"Nevaeh never stopped talking about you," She exclaimed. I looked at the ground and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"She loved you so much," She says gripping my shoulders and I break down right there.

"I loved her more than anything," I say frantically. She comforts me with a hug as I let the tears fall.

"She loved you too you know," I say bringing my head up and locking my eyes with hers. Her lip trembled and she bit back tears.

"I'm sorry but Ms. Edwards you and your husband need to decide now," The doctor says interrupting us.

"Decide what?" I ask confused.

"Yes do it," Mrs. Edwards says and the doctor reaches up on the life monitor to shut it off.

My eyes grow wide, "NO!" I scream and race towards the doctor and grip his shirt with my hands and shove him against the wall.

"Why would you do that?!" I spit. He shoves me off him and looks at me sternly.

"Harry it's been a god damn month!" He seethes.

"You need to let her go," He says more calmly. I walk over to the corner and slam my back against the wall.

Have you ever cried so hard to the point where you can't breathe? The feeling of your throat closing making you suffocate. The feeling of your head starting to form a migraine. To the point where you don't make any sounds. You open your mouth to let out the cries but nothing does. That's how I am right now.

I open my eyes to see them all leaving out the door leaving just me and Nevaeh's lifeless body.

I push myself off the wall and walk towards her. I climb into the bed with her and stare at her features that are still prominent. She is still the most beautiful girl I have ever laid eyes on.

"Always," I whisper and kiss her head.

-Day of Funeral-

I stared at everyone dressed in black. The cries leaving everyone's mouth. They were calling people up to the stand who had speeches prepared for Nevaeh. The sappy teen girls who claimed they were her friend when really.. They weren't. I was the last one to be called. I headed to the podium and pulled out the piece of paper I had prepared and began speaking.

(A/N: Listen to Flightless bird, American Mouth by Iron & wine from this point on, the feels man the feels I started crying writing this part!)

"She's extraordinary, But those are all things that everyone else can see. The real treasure that I've found in her is more than skin deep. The real gold is down in her depths, her trenches that no one has dared to look. Where no one has bothered to venture to,"

I look up at the crowd of people and bite back tears.

"I've scratched her surface and I've found bits and pieces of her that, not even I know if she realizes she has," I sucked in a breath.

"She's perfect. She warned me that there are, creatures, guarding her doors. I haven't seen one yet. Nothing could break my focus I have for her, and nothing could scare me away, There are billions of words to describe her, but still, none could define her," I wipe away tears that were beginning to fall down my cheeks. My hands began to shake and my breathing became rapid but I stayed focused.

"She is a work of art that takes a special eye to see. She hides behind her "don't cares", "whatever's", and her strong headed mind. But I've seen the treasures. I've been blessed enough to see a glimpse. I need her treasures, whatever is locked away. It has me hypnotized," I read the last sentence with my voice trembling.

"And forever hypnotized I will be," I folded the piece of paper and hung my head low placing my thumb and index finger on the bridge of my nose to try and stop the tears. I look up at all the sniffling people feeling bad that they too lost Nevaeh. The words didn't stop coming out of my mouth though.

"I never got to tell her how much I loved her," I begin to say and people look up.

"I never got to tell her that this was just the beginning of our long journey ahead with each other,"

"I never got to experience the world with her,"

"I will be lost forever without her, because she was the light to guide me," I run my fingers along the coffin.

"I'm forever alone because she was all I had left," I say before turning away and walking to my car. The funeral wasn't over yet but I had to get out of there.

I started my engine and drove to the bar, I pulled up and loosened my tie when I got inside. I walked to the bar and ordered the strongest liquor they had. I chugged it as it burned my throat going down but I could care less. As long as it gets Nevaeh out of my mind.

A/N: Please don't hate me.. Next chapter is the end to this story! I love all of you guys. stay vibin' my nigs! xx