xi. hairography

Finn was staring at Magnolia while she was talking with Heather. She knew he was, she knew how his eyes felt. He wanted to go over to her and ask her more about her and Gavin but he had a feeling Heather would probably kill him for interrupting the conversation.

Magnolia definitely didn't want to talk to him. She didn't want to tell him about Gavin. Sadly, Heather just had to bring up Finn.

"Hudson has been staring at us for a while now." Heather tells her. Magnolia just nods, making Heather try to talk more about him. "Why is that?" She asked.

Magnolia shrugged. "No clue." She muttered.

Heather looked at Finn with amusement. "Is it because you kissed Gavin?" She asked her.

Magnolia hit her. "I wish he never told everyone. I told Finn he would be the first to know." She says.

"And he was the last to know." Heather finished for her. Magnolia nodded. "Well, I'm gonna walk away so you two can talk." She started walking off with many protests from Magnolia.

"Come back here!" She hissed at her, but Heather only sent her a wink and a smile.

"Hey." Finn said from behind her, making her jump and turn around to face him.

"Hey!" She gave him a smile.

"Are you and Gavin a thing now?" He asked her.

Magnolia shook her head. "The answer is still no. I like someone else." She tells him truthfully.

Finn nods. "Who?" He asked her.

Magnolia didn't expect that question. She looked around the hallway looking for any guy, and her eyes landed on Mike. "Mike Chang. I've liked him for quite some time." She lied.

Finn nods. "Cool. I mean, even if you were with Gavin it wouldn't matter to me. I'm with Quinn and there's also the baby." He tries to play off his jealousy.

Magnolia nods. "Yeah! Of course!" They share an awkward look. "Well, see you in Glee." She smiles at him and walks in the direction that Heather went in.

• • •

The New Directions all sat in the auditorium. Magnolia insisted that Heather sit beside her but Heather just smiled at her as Gavin took that seat.

"Okay, guys, so first of all I want to welcome Ms. Hitchens and the Jane Addams Glee Club." Mr. Schue had basically introduced them. "We're all very happy to have you guys here. So, um, we're going to let you guys start us off. Let's see what you got." He goes to take a seat.

"Hit it." Ms. Hitchens instructs.

As the Jane Addams girls perform, Magnolia felt terrified. What if they weren't good enough? These girls were really good and Journey songs probably couldn't beat this.

When they finished the New Directions just stared at them until Ms. Hitchens started clapping, causing them all to clap.

• • •

"All right, guys." Mr. Schue does his infamous greeting to the club, causing those who weren't sitting to find a seat. "I did some thinking last night. I think I found our new number for Sectionals. We're going to do the title song from 'Hair'. Now, this show started a revolution." He holds up the sheet music.

"Wait, did they have mohawks back then? Like in the 20's or whatever?" Puck asked.

"Yeah, Mr. Shue, if we're going to do a song about hair, shouldn't we have more hair?" Finn suggests.