iii. acafellas

Quinn, Santana, Brittany and Gavin had joined the Glee Club. Gavin was pretty excited for someone who had called it dumb a few days ago. Mr. Schue was showing them the steps for their dance. "Can we stop, please?" Rachel asks.

This caused Mr. Schue to stop. "You don't have to ask me every time for permission to go to the bathroom, Rachel. You can just go." He said to her

He tried to continue but Rachel stopped him again. "It's not my bladder. It's the choreography." She tells him.

Mr. Schue looks confused. "Okay, what's wrong with the choreography?" He asked her.

"It sucks." She deadpans. "We can't compete with vocal adrenaline with these steps. You're a great vocal coach, Mr. Shue, But you're not a a trained choreographer. That's what we need to be the best. We need Dakota Stanley."

Magnolia looked confused and shot Gavin a look. Who in the world was Dakota Stanley and why does he have two first names? "Just because he understudied doesn't mean he ever performed." Mr. Schue reminds her.

"Did you ever perform, Mr. Schuester?" Quinn asks him. "After high school. Did you even try?"

Gavin gave Quinn a confused look and then looked at Magnolia.

• • •

Rachel walked into the choir room with a plate of cookies. "He's not coming." She sighs.

"What happened?" He asks her. She explains what happened to the group. "Of course he doesn't want Anything to do with us after you kicked him in the nads." Finn said to her.

"Then why did he thank me?" Rachel asks him.

Santana interrupts the two. "The goal is to win. And now that Mr. Schuester has agreed to let us hire Dakota Stanley, we can." She says to them.

"But he doesn't want us to." Finn tells her. "He just doesn't have The confidence to coach us anymore. Guys are real sensitive when it comes to this kind of stuff." He explained to them.

"And that's my fault?" Rachel asks him.

Magnolia literally hadn't really been paying attention and when Finn brought up the cookies she walked up to Rachel. "Can I have those? They look delicious." Everyone shot Magnolia a look. Rachel nodded sadly and handed her the plate.

Quinn rolled her eyes. "I'm bored. All those in favor of hiring Dakota Stanley?" She asks and everyone except for Finn and Magnolia raise their hands. Santana shoots her a glare.

• • •

Magnolia walks by Rachel, who clearly had just talked to Finn as he was standing there, looking a bit upset. She walked up to him with the plate of cookies. "Would you like an 'I'm Sorry' cookie?" She asked him.

He nodded and took one off the plate. "Hey, thanks for not raising your hand in Glee Club." He smiled at her while chewing the cookie.

Magnolia shrugged. "I don't want some random guy teaching me, I'd rather have my actual teacher. Plus, Mr. Schuester isn't that bad at dancing." She threw Rachel's plate in the trash, she didn't care for returning it to her.

Finn finished his cookie and stuffed his hand in his pockets. "I think I might quit." He told her

Magnolia furrowed her eyebrows. "Why? I mean I love Mr. Schue and all but Glee Club will still be Glee Club." She said.

Finn shrugged. "I'm just thinking about it." He started to walk off, not really saying goodbye.

• • •