vii. throwdown

Mr. Schue sat directly in front of the Glee Club. "As we head into Sectionals, I want to get some some feedback, like what kind of stuff you guys would like to be doing." He seems as if he actually does want to do what they want. "Is there anything, any music in particular, that you guys want to do?" He asked.

"Could we maybe try something a little more.... black." Mercedes asked.

I agree. We do an awful lot of show tunes." Kurt agreed.

Rachel didn't seem to like that suggestion. "It's Glee Club." She reminds him. "Not Krunk Club." She spits at Mercedes.

Mercedes turns to Rachel. "Don't make me take you to the carpet." She threatens her.

"Fantastic." Mr. Schue stops them before anything can get out of hand. Kurt snaps in Rachel's face. "Thank you, Mercedes, Kurt." He thanks them. "Duly noted." He smiles at them. "Anything else?" He asked.

Mike raised his hand. "I can pop and lock." He tells Mr. Schue.

"Not really what we're going for, Mike, but... noted." Mr. Schue turns him down. "Noted, yes." He smiles yet again.

• • •

Gavin had been avoiding Magnolia since mash-up week. She had no clue why, but every time he saw her, besides in Glee Club, he would run the other direction. It honestly hurt so she decided to sit next to him in Glee Club. He tried to get away but it had already started so he had no choice but to sit next to her.

Sue and Mr. Schue were flipping a coin. "Lady's choice. Heads." Sue flips the coin in the air and Mr. Schue catches it.

Of course, it lands on heads. "Heads." Mr. Schue sighs and turns to the Glee Club.

"Awesome." Sue says nonchalantly. "All right, the following students have been selected for a special, elite Glee Club called 'Sue's Kids'." She announces.

"Hold on." Mr. Schue stops her. "We agreed not to spilt up the group." He reminds her.

"Oh, come on, Will. Give me a chance to do things Sue Sylvester's way." Saying this makes Mr. Schue rolls his eyes. "Maybe with my proven leadership abilities, I can help this pathetic group of mouth breathers place at Sectionals." She tries to bargain.

"We can't even compete in Sectionals if we divide up the club, Sue." Mr. Schue tells her. "It's against the rules." Sadly, he was wrong.

"Really?" Sue questions him. "You need to crack open a book, William. Here, I have Show Choir Rule Book, page 24." She tosses the book to him. "Provision 14, second addendum." She then says the exact rule, stating that whatever she was planning wasn't against the rules.

Mr. Schue closes the book and tosses it on the piano, he doesn't look happy. "Fine. Just go ahead, take all the football players and your Cheerios." He sits down, clearly upset.

Sue puts her glasses on her face and turns to the kids. "All right, everybody, listen up. When you hear your name called, cross over to my side of this black shiny thing." She instructs.

"That's called a piano, Sue. "Mr. Schue corrects her.

She ignores him. "Santana." She calls out. "Wheels. Gay kid." They all looked confused. "Come on. Move it." She ordered and snapped her fingers, making them begin moving over to her side. "Asian, other Asian, Princess Jasmine, Aretha, and Shaft." They all go over to her side of the piano, Mr. Schue doesn't look pleased. "See, Will, I don't want to participate in a group that ignores the needs of minority students."

"You have got to be kidding me." Mr. Schue hisses.

"Oh, I wouldn't kid about this, Will, and maybe that's your problem." Sue tells him. "Bigotry is no laughing matter." Mr. Schue tries to think of something to say.