xvi. home

Magnolia hated how Jesse would try and talk to her without Rachel present. She didn't want to know him and only tolerated him because of Rachel. But she was too nice to ask him to leave her alone. "You don't seem to be very bright on your Broadway knowledge." Jesse observed.

Magnolia shrugged. "I'm not a Broadway Baby." She joked, trying to get him to smile. Jesse didn't seem to crack. "Tough crowd." She mumbled.

"So...Rachel seems to have a lot of guys who want to be with her. Do you think I should be worried?" Jesse asked as the two began walking, completely ignoring Magnolia's joke.

Magnolia shrugged. "I don't know who these guys would be." She lied. She knew about how jealous Finn was of Jesse and Rachel because it was his only topic. But saying it aloud would crush Magnolia, she had believed Finn truly thought she was special, but now she wasn't so sure.

"I know you like Finn, although I don't know why." Jesse told her, clearly he knew Finn was competition and didn't have to ask. He had changed the topic, which confused Magnolia as to what he was trying to get at.

She laughed a little. "What? Me? Why would I like Finn Hudson?" Magnolia asked.

Jesse sighed. "You make it obvious, Magnolia. But I think you could do better. You're pretty, smart and far too kind for a guy like Finn." He said.

Magnolia smiled at him. "Thank you." She whispered. "But I don't like Finn, so it doesn't matter." She lied with a straight face.

Jesse let out a scoff. "Fine, be that way." He said with a hint of a smile.

Magnolia gave him a proud smile. "I will be that way."

• • •

The news of the auditorium no longer being able to be used by the Glee Club had really been bringing Magnolia down. "I can't believe you were ever apart of the Cheerios." Magnolia said to Quinn.

Quinn shrugged as she played with her food. "I miss it sometimes." She mumbled.

Magnolia frowned. "I know but...Sue makes me so angry!" She yelled a bit.

Gavin set his tray down at the lunch table. "Who makes you so angry?" He asked.

Magnolia sighed. "You, obviously. Give me your chicken." She begged.

Gavin passed his tray closer to her. "Not like I want it anyway." He told her. Magnolia dug into the lunch food in front of her. Gavin and Quinn watched in disgust. "You eat more than Quinn and she's pregnant." Gavin commented.

Quinn nodded, although gave Gavin a small glare. "I've never seen you eat this much. Are you alright?" She asked.

Magnolia nodded, her mother full of chicken. "Just upset about the auditorium." She stated simply.

Gavin shrugged. "Then do something about it. Go to Sue." He suggested.

Magnolia gave him a wide eyed look. "Go to Sue Sylvester? I'm not ready for death yet Gavin." She said. "Besides, drowning my sorrows in food is much more worth my time." She added, shoving another bite of chicken in her mouth.

• • •

Finn always seemed to come to Magnolia when he had a complaint and that seemed to be all the time now. As much as Magnolia enjoys talking with him, she didn't want to be his therapist.