xv. the power of madonna

The glee girls were all sitting in the choir room, Magnolia was talking with Tina and Mercedes about how much Magnolia loved Tina's style.

Many of the others were just sitting in silence until Rachel broke it. "Can I ask you guys something private?" She asked them.

"Yes, you should move to Israel." Santana told her before she asked the question.

Rachel sort of ignored the anti-semitic comment made against her. "It's about dating. Not that I'm dating anyone. We all know Finn and I are no longer an item, and for the sake of the team, I broke up with Jesse." She reminds them. "But let's just say I was dating someone. Let's just say, hypothetically, we went to a Wiggles concert last Friday night, and then because my dads weren't home, we went up to my room and started making out. It was erotic and romantic." Rachel then continued to describe in detail that her date had asked her to have sex with him, to which Rachel had declined.

Magnolia knew she was talking about Jesse, they all knew she was. "What if then he got really crabby and left, and didn't even take home the Care Bear I won him playing Skee Ball?" She asked them.

"Would you please stop talking? You're grossing out my baby." Quinn said to her.

Rachel didn't acknowledge Quinn's comment aloud. "I just want to be ready, I know I'm getting older, and these things are going to happen someday, but how do I stop a guy from getting mad at me for saying "no"? She asked them.

Santana shrugged. "Just do what I do. Never say no." She advised.

"Oh, totally. I mean, what's the worst that can happen?" Brittany agreed, until she looked over at Quinn. "Sorry, Quinn." She apologized.

Mercedes and Magnolia didn't know why Rachel was asking them. "Look, girl, don't ask me. The last guy I liked was the mayor of gaytown. And I can't wait to get a guy mad at me for saying no." She tells her.

Magnolia nods. "Don't ask me either, I've never even had a boyfriend, or a real crush for that matter." She shrugged, lying partly.

"We just have to accept that guys don't care about our feelings." Tina said. "Like, the other day, I was walking with Artie..." She then went on to explain how Artie had disrespected her with no remorse.

Rachel gave her a sympathetic look. "That's got to sting." She said.

"Hey, guys. I'm sorry to interrupt your little sorority, but I couldn't help but overhearing. Are you really having that much boy trouble?" Mr. Schue asked.

"You wouldn't understand, Mr. Shue. You're a guy." Quinn told him.

"Well, then maybe you should talk to someone else about it. Like Ms. Pillsbury." Mr. Schue suggested.

"I tried that." Rachel stated.

The bell rang and just like that the girls got up, ignoring Mr. Schue trying to be helpful. "The fact is is that women still earn 70 cents to every dollar that a man does for doing the same job. That attitude starts in high school." Quinn shrugged as she grabbed Magnolia's hand and the two left with the rest of the girls.

• • •

In glee, Mr. Schue writes Madonna on the board. "What comes to mind when you see that name?" He asked them all.

"Genius."

"Icon."

"Hall of Fame MILF."

Mr. Schue ignored Puck's comment. "So, we're all aware of Madonna's musical and cultural significance, which is why this week, your assignment is to come up with a Madonna number." There were squeals from the girls as well as Kurt.