Running Away

Copyright 2013 HelloWorld4100

"Ummm, I'm 16, why do you ask?" He caressed my cheek and kissed me.

"Go on a date with me." I blushed and looked away, avoiding his gaze. "Is there a problem?" He said cupping my face.

"I'm j-just nervous." He chuckled, his deep voice ringing in my room.

"Don't be. I like you a lot." I giggled and leaned against my headboard.

That was my first boyfriend. Jace. Just when I thought he was in love with me and I was with him, my world shattered.

"Isn't that Jace," Charlie asked, pointing a Cheetos cheese covered finger two rows in front of us. I squinted my eyes. He was making out with her. Lauren. The bitch I didn't like. I stood and went over to them. His eyes grew wide and I sighed, swiping a hand across his face. I ran out to Charlie's car, crying my eyes out. What the fuck?

I've been through 18 relationships. Were any of them faithful? Hell no because that bitch Lauren always took them away from me. What was her problem? I didn't even know her personally. She's just a girl that used to go to my school and attended most of my classes. I remember that day I fought her.

"Bitch, I didn't say a single word to you."

"Oh. Whore," she whispered and pulled her hair. She laid flat on the floor and I threw punches at her face.

"You're the whore! You fuck every boyfriend I have!" Charlie pried me off of her.

"Jessy, calm down," she whispered as the crowd whooped. I spat at the bloody girl on the floor.

"Whore!"

Little fuck -_-

Finally 25. Two decades and five years have passed. The people who keep me sane are my family and Charlie.

Charlie is my best friend. She has been for fifteen years now, since we were ten years old. Now, we're both successful and twenty-five. She works as a fashion designer in a local Los Angeles clothing shop. We were both in the fashion business, but I am in a higher position. Her hair is blonde, long, and bouncy. Her eyes were bright green with hints of playfulness in them. She was the same height as me which is 5'6. She is pale, but glistened in the light. One thing that made her look like a little girl was her freckles.

On the other hand, I am a bit darker than her, a caramel complexion and have long, straight, light brown hair. I come from a Puerto Rican family. My eyes are dark brown with mystery and suspicion. I am 95.5% business and the other 4.5% was filled with Charlie's instilled happiness.

Charlie and I are two different people, but are so alike and various ways.

"We should totally go for a walk," Charlie said, chowing down on a Hershey's chocolate bar. I stared at her. "What? It's good as fuck. Can't help but smack." I giggled and went upstairs to put on shorts and a tank. I was currently staying with my mother and father. Sad, sad, sad, but I was getting a apartment in a week or so. "Hey, bitch, do you still have your books for design yet? I need to see them for a project."

"Excuse you, pig." She smiled.

"Mamá!" I shouted to my mother.

"Sí," she shouted back.

"Vamos a correr." (We're going jogging)

"Ok."

"I hate when you talk in different languages like I understand that shit." I giggled at her. It's true I do speak Italian, Spanish, and French. That's why I speak it, just to get on her nerves.