Socks, Flower Crowns, and Cake

Heart racing, padded feet hit in rapid succession, a quick sliding turn, and over the railing. Grass crushed under foot before carefully sprinting to avoid spilling Brook's tea.

Too much was at stake to get caught.

Up the stairs, around Franky, and back down. He was following close behind.

Victory was within sight. Robin's poor book was not.

5

4

3

2

1

"I WIN!" Y/n yelled glancing back to Luffy's distressed expression.

"Noooooooo!" Luffy whined, dramatically falling to floor.

He'd lost the sock race and Y/n's secret snack stash.

Y/n unconventionally came to a stop by sliding into their oblivious victim, Sanji.

His back harshly hit the ground, Y/n reflexively caught his head, and lips locked. Eyes wide and filled with concern they pulled away from him.

"Are you alright?" Y/n asked hand still buried in his hair and the other pinning him to the floor boards.

"I- I'm alright." Sanji said dazed.

"Sorry about that, blondie. Here, let me help you up." They said pulling him up gently and steadying him. Admittedly, they'd rather have stayed like that, but faked innocence.

"Yeah....Thanks..." He answered barely processing the moment.

Sanji slowly walked to the men's quarters, which was thankfully empty. shortly after closing the door, he collapsed onto his mattress.

His mind screamed.

NOT AGAIN! NO! STOP!

He desperately gripped his shirt where his heart lay frantic beneath. He had to forget the craving the crawled into him once their lips touched. The tingling sensation of their hand in his hair still lingered.

He wanted more.

STOP IT!

He hopelessly needed to feel more. The desire for their hands to travel all over and embed themselves into his hair grew unbearable.

Why? Why won't it stop? Why?

It started long ago. At first he denied it, then he tried reasoning with himself, and now he avoid it. He refused to let anyone know. He couldn't let them know.

Unfortunately for him Y/n had other plans.

---

Luffy owed Y/n favor since he'd lost to them; three days later they'd decided to use it.

An autumn island was visible and the crew was going to split into groups. They asked Luffy to pair them up with Sanji.

Cold air swept through ruffling Sanji's hair as they admired how adorable that baby blue sweater looked on him. Oh, how they wanted to just slide their hand-

"Off we go! Meet up at the ship by tomorrow!" Luffy yelled before running off with Brook in search of adventure.

"You heard him. C'mon, blondie." Y/n said grabbing Sanji's hand and running toward town.

Colorful streamers danced around them in the gentle breeze. The sweet scent of pastries drifted in the air. Sunflowers decorated the shops and spread their cheerfulness to the residents. People quickly rushed about to set up for the event of the evening.