CHAPTER - 5

AARVIK'S POV

I know that Chiko's dad will never believe in these things unlike my parents.

"Are you sure about your decision Mr. Vikram?", my grandmother asked him.

"I don't believe in these kind of superstitious beliefs. For me, my daughter's happiness matters the most", Vikram uncle said.

"Fine then, the engagement of Chaaya and Aarvik will happen after 2 days till that you can stay in our guest house Mr. Vikram", my grandmother announced.

"Thank you Queen", Vikram uncle said. "Oh please don't call me queen and all. You can call me aunty or with my name too", my grandmother said. Actually she is a very modern minded woman but I don't know why this curse alone is making her brain to stop working.

Everyone wished us. The girls got immersed in their talks. After sometime Vikram uncle and Chiko left.

"So at last Viku is going to get married. Hurray", Pradhu shouted deafening our ears.

Aiyu started to leave.

"Aitri dear, have lunch with us then you can leave", my mother stopped her.

"No aunty. I am going to my parents home to clean the house. Tomorrow is their death anniversary.", Aiyu said. She loves her parent's house. Since she moved with her uncle that house's door will be locked always. During our childhood, we all would go together and clean the house.

"Mom, let her go. I will take lunch to her after sometime when everything gets ready. Pack my lunch also with her. I will help Aiyu clean the house too", I told my mom.

"Then fine, Viku will help you this time Aiyu", Aathu said.

"You both will stay here till lunch and have dinner with us", Parvathi chitti (aunty) said actually ordered them.

"Aunty order your future DIL not me", Pradhu said. Everyone knows that something is going between Rakshan and Aathu but they have not said openly yet.

"Stop teasing her always. Otherwise I will make you my DIL to my other son", Parvathi aunty mocked her.

"Oh please not that drunken monkey. If you would have got another son who is handsome and brainy like Raku or Viku I would love to become your DIL. I will be the luckiest to get a hot and cool MIL like you", Pradhu said. "You have become very naughty Pradhu", Parvathi aunty held her ears.

Aiyu bid goodbye and left. They all kept on teasing me all this while. My mother packed lunch for me and Aiyu. I took and left to her house.

AITRI'S POV

I am so happy for Viku. I hope that curse nonsense and all will be definitely a lie. I liked Chiko. She really loves Viku a lot. I reached my parents home. This is the only thing left for me in the memory of my parents. All my mother's jewels were taken by my aunty except the chain and the locket which I am wearing. According to the will, this house goes to me and my husband after my marriage. That is the reason why my aunt wants her son to marry me. I wish I get married to someone who loves me. Keeping all these thoughts aside, I started cleaning the house.

I heard the door opening sound. It must be Viku.

"Come inside Viku, I am in bedroom" I told him. But there was no reply.

I turned around. The person who was standing in front of meis the person who irritates me the most.

"What the hell are you doing here, Jagan?", I shouted at Jagan.

"I came here to have some fun with you", Jagan slurred his words. He is totally drunk.

"Get out now. Otherwise I don't know what I will do", I shouted again.

"Call anyone. No one will come. You know very well right, no one is in and around this house for 2 km", he said. He is right our house is located in an isolated place.

I pushed him and started to run. But he pulled me inside the bedroom and locked.

"Please leave me Jagan. I beg you", I started to plead him.

"No way this is the best chance I have got in my life", saying this he started to pull away my saree. He tore it literally.

I started crying. But before he could pull the whole saree the door got opened.

Viku was standing there with bloodshot eyes. I ran to him by pushing Jagan.

"Vik... Viku... this... Jagan.... He tried to", before I could complete Viku pushed me and started to beat Jagan mercilessly.

"How dare you? I am going to kill you today", Viku bet him like something. I pulled him apart. Within a gif Jagan ran away.

Viku came near me. I hugged him tightly as if my life is dependant on him.

"You don't have to worry. No one can come near you until I am with you", Viku said.

"But every time you can't be with me", I told him.

"I will be with you, all the time", saying this he hugged me.

I felt his bare hand on my shoulder, then only I noticed when that Jagan pulled my saree, he tore my blouse too. I became conscious of my state and put my saree around my shoulders to hide it.

Viku noticed it. He gave me his jacket which he was wearing. I wore it without saying anything else. There was dead silent all of a sudden.

"Aiyu, come let's have lunch.", saying this he served me and himself. We started to eat. He is the one who started conversation again.

"Why don't you get married Aiyu? This guy will not leave you alone", he said.

"I know but my aunty wants me to marry him. She is not seeing any alliance. Also I am not interested in marriage.", I told him frankly.

"Don't worry. I will find a guy for you who cares for you like me", Viku told me.

"That will never happen. Because no one can care for me like you", I told him. We finished our lunch and cleaned the house.

I bid him good bye and left for uncle's house.

AUTHOR'S POV

Aarvik was excited the whole day about his engagement and slept in the night dreaming about Chiko. But his other side of heart is thinking about Aitri and her safety. To be honest his happiness of engagement is literally less than fifty percent now after seeing what Jagan did with Aitri. He thought to do something so that Aitri will be safe. The next day morning, he woke and got ready.

"Mom, I am going to Aiyu's parents house for their death anniversary rituals", Aarvik shouted.

"Ok, take care. And ask Aiyu to come in evening. I have asked the saree seller to come here. We can purchase for your engagement.", Aarvik's mother Charumathi shouted.

"Sur..", before Aarvik could complete the sentence, Chiko entered the palace in a hurry.

"Hi Chiko", Aarvik said.

"Aa... Aarvik.. Stop this engagement, right now", Chiko said.

"What are you saying?", Aarvik asked her.

"She is saying to cancel the engagement. CANCEL THE ENGAGEMENT RIGHT NOW", Chiko's father Vikram shouted.

Everyone gathered in the hall hearing Vikram's voice.

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

DO VOTE IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER...

COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER...

FOLLOW ME FOR REGULAR UPDATES...

NEXT UPDATE : FRIDAY...

BONUS CHAPTER - 1 OF "THAT IS MY ONLY FAULT" WILL BE UPDATED BY TOMORROW NIGHT OR THURSDAY MORNING...

STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE...

LOTS OF LOVE...