CHAPTER - 37

AITRI'S POV

We all reached down and assembled together in the hall after hearing the noise. There my maternal uncle, I mean technically Aathika's maternal uncle was standing with his wife and Jagan with full of rage.

"Why are you beating them like this?", grandmother asked him.

"My queen, I was so blessed to get Raghu as my BIL and Gayathri as my sister but at the same time I am extremely ashamed to get a wife like this woman and a murderer as my son", he said and started to beat them again with his full force.

"What are you saying? I know Jagan is notorious but he can never murder someone", dad stopped him by saying this.

"No Sahasra, you are wrong he can. He can definitely do anything. You know he is the one who made that fire accident in your home and he is the one who stabbed Rakshan that day with his friend. This woman she knows everything and kept quiet all this day. Today this murderer himself said this to me in his drunken state.", he said with full of tears.

Aarvik rushed to Jagan and he started beating him mercilessly. Dhruv and Rakshan too joined him. If they beat him like this then they will surely murder him. I just went and held Aarvik's hands. Pradhi and Aathika too did the same. Somehow, with great difficulty we splitted them from Jagan.

"Leave me Aiyu. I am going to kill him", Aarvik shouted. Due to his sudden roar, the whole palace got stuned.

"Aarvik he will die if you beat him once more", I pleaded him so that he don't commit any sin for which he may regret later.

"Yes Aarvik don't kill him and dirt your hands. Let me kill him, I should have done that on the day he was born. My mistake that I didn't do that yet. I kept all this while thinking that he may change one day. But no I was extremely wrong. He doesn't deserve to live anymore", uncle shouted.

"Uncle, first calm down. Aarvik you too. We will handover him to police. I don't want to lose any of you more please", I pleaded them to control their anger.

Dad and Sarang uncle informed the police, they immediately came and arrested both aunty and Jagan.

"I am really sorry Aitri. I thought I was protecting you from unknown enemies but the actual enemies were inside my house only. Thank god Aarvik married you at the right time otherwise you would have got married to that bleedy son of mine", uncle apologized to me.

"But how did he get the poison? Do you all remember the doctor said that the knife with which Rakshan got stabbed has been poisoned will be available only in Europe right?", Pradhu questioned us.

"Pradhi dear, he got contact with one of his friends who is doing smuggling and made that poison to come here so that he can kill Aitri", uncle said.

"Don't worry uncle, I don't even know how to thank you. You were protecting me all this while and now sent your son and wife also to jail for me. I don't know how to thank you", I said and hugged him.

"You are my god given child sweet heart, but if you want to do something for me. Then, forgive your dad Natrajan and brother Aryan. Everyone does mistakes dear, but how we try to rectify it is what really matters. They love you a lot. Also your mother is in need of you more than anyone, she has lost her sanity after knowing that you are no more. For every girl, after her marriage her parents will ask her to be a best daughter-in-law and wife from now on like she was a best daughter. In your case, it is slightly different. You have proved yourself as a best daughter-in-law and wife, now you have to prove yourself as a daughter too. I am sure my Aitri will never let me down", he said and patted my head.

"I will forgive them uncle, but I won't give any assurance whether I can speak to them normally but I will surely try to cure my mom", I told him.

Uncle left to his home after the incident. Grandmother asked everyone to stay back in palace itself as she wants to discuss something important.