CHAPTER - 14

AITRI'S POV

We were enjoying the evening. I felt really good. Because I never had a family for myself. But I think happiness never resides in my life for so long. When we were dancing I suddenly felt like someone pulling my hand and I fell down. When the lights came back, I was lying on the floor and I felt like some liquid is touching my hand. Then I looked at my side and saw that Rakshan was in the pool of blood.

"RAKSHAN", I shouted at the top of my voice. Everyone came near us. My body started to tremble when I saw the blood and also my saree got blood stains. Someone has stabbed him brutally. Viku came near me and held me tightly. He would have sensed my trembling body.

"Dhruv call the ambulance now", Appa said. "We will take him to hospital ourselves", Dhruv said and they immediately took him in the car. We all went in other cars and reached hospital. Tears were not stopping from my eyes. Pradhu and Aathu were in other car with Parvathi aunty and grandmother. Aathika would be dying literally I know. How did he end up like this? Who pushed me in the floor?

After 3 hours doctor came outside.

"Patients life is critical. The people who stabbed him were really genius. They have poisoned the knife and stabbed them. Also the poison is of high dosage so it directly attacked his brain nerves too. If he didn't wake up in twenty four hours then he may go to coma", he said.

We heard the thud sound after the speech of doctor. When we turned around to see, it was Parvathi aunty. Dhruv is the one who is always close to Parvathi aunty, she gives him concern more but a mother's heart always sees equally. 

"Maa, wake up", Dhruv started shouting at the top of his voice.

"Take her to the ward", doctor said. Dhruv was crying miserably. The guy who was always happy  broke down first time in his life. After all it was his twin brother who is fighting for life. Pradhi went near him and started to console him.

DHRUV'S POV

I don't know what the hell is happening today. When I saw Rakshan in the pool of blood I lost my sanity. Then, now mom. Dad is totally broken and Periappa (Uncle) is consoling him. Aiyu is already shattered. Thank god Anna is there with her. Periamma and grandmother went inside Amma's ward. But I have nobody near me. I broke down and don't know when tears started whozing out from my eyes.

Someone came near me and held my shoulder. I looked at the person. It was Pradhu. I don't know what came in my mind. I just hugged her tightly. I felt a peace of solace in that hug. I just hidden my face in the crook of her neck.

"Shhh, Dhruv please stop crying", Pradhi started consoling me. I just kept on letting my tears down on her shoulders. Then I composed myself.

"Where is Aathu?", I asked her. Suddenly, I thought of her. I know she must be broken a lot. Then only we all started to look for her. She was sitting in the corner and weeping her tears out. Chiko and Mukilan were with her. Pradhu and I went near her.

"I already had no one. Now, I am going to lose again who was the only one sent by God. But I think God has cursed me to stay as orphan throughout this life.", Aathu said and covered her face with her hands.

"Cranberry, what are you saying? We are all there for you. How can you say yourself as orphan? Moreover nothing will happen to Rakshan. He is a fighter. I know about him", Mukilan started to pacify her.

"No Jackfruit, I know. How much blood he has lost already? See doctor already told that he may get into coma if he didn't wake up. I am the reason for his condition. I am such a bad soul. I killed my parents after I was born. Then Rakshan loved me and see his condition now", Aathu started blabbering whatever negative thoughts that were occupied in her mind.

I lost my patience. How can she think that she is the reason for his condition?

"Just shut up", I shouted at her. I grabbed her hand and pulled her to get up as she was sitting. "Stop talking nonsense Aathika. You are not the reason for anything. Stop blaming yourself. Your love and prayers are the only two things that means a lot now. No one can pray like you for him. Just keep away your negative thoughts and start to think positively", I shouted at her.

She hugged me. "I am scared Dhruv nothing will happen to him right?", she asked me in a worried tone. "Nothing will happen. Because I know that Aathika is a Savitri who will fight with even Yamraj to bring back her love", I told and caressed her head.

It was almost 1 am. I noticed that Pradhi and Chaaya didn't go their houses yet.

"Girls, you both can go to your homes. It is already quite late. I will ask Mukilan to drop you both", I told them. "Offo, drunken monkey. I already informed dad about the situation. He asked me to stay with Aathu and Aiyu.", Pradhu said. "Don't worry Dhruv. Even I called my dad and said", Chaaya said.

Doctor came and said that mom's health is stable now. But her blood pressure has become high. Thank god, Periamma and granny were there with her.

I don't know when our eyes were dozed off.

AATHIKA'S POV

I lost everything in my life. When people used to call me as bad omen I thought it is their foolishness. Today even I think myself as bad omen. I feel just because of me Rakshan is in this situation now. Dhruv, Pradhu, Chiko and Jackfruit were there with me. I know Aiyu will definitely be in shock after all the things happening around her for the past few days. Having all these thoughts in my mind I don't know when I dozed off.

Doctor came and woke up us after sometime.

"I am so sorry patient's life is getting very critical even his breathing is not normal. If anyone wants to speak anything go and speak now. It may trigger his mind to wake up or ... try this first", doctor said.

I started panicking. Aiyu started crying. Dhruv stood like a statue. The elders were not there at that time since everyone was with Parvathi aunty.

"Aathu let's go. We have to fight for Rakshan. He can't give up like this. Come", Viku took my hand and took me to the ward. We all entered one by one.

We all started speaking about our childhood and how he used to make promise to us for being with us all the time. Chiko asked him to tease her as love sick puppy. Mukilan even made fun stating that he will call me cranberry all the time if he didn't wake up now.

Suddenly his breathing became very uneven and his ECG stopped......

We all stood there stunned.

Doctor came and started to give him shock to wake him up. But he didn't open his eyes.

Then doctor stood up. "I am sorry..", doctor was about to say. When we all know what he is going to say....

TO KNOW MORE, KEEP READING...

DO VOTE, IF YOU LIKE THIS CHAPTER...

COMMENT YOUR VIEWS ABOUT THIS CHAPTER...

FOLLOW ME FOR REGULAR UPDATES...

KINDLY SHARE THIS STORY ON YOUR WALL AND WITH YOUR FRIENDS PLEASE...

NEXT UPDATE : SUNDAY (I DON'T WANT TO MAKE YOU ALL WAIT FOR NEXT UPDATE)

I NEVER CAST MY STORIES AS I AM BAD AT IT... BUT FOR THE FIRST TIME I AM ASKING MY READERS... IF YOU WILL CAST THIS STORY WHO WILL BE THE ACTORS OR MODELS YOU WILL CAST?

STAY SAFE AND TAKE CARE...

LOTS OF LOVE...