chapter 28

Two weeks had passed since Elena discovered she had wings. She now knew how to use her wings without crashing. 

It was really difficult at first and she wanted to give up trying but her father and her soulmate encouraged her throughout the time she was learning. She appreciated their support and patience.

Raguel was standing by the window looking at nothing in particular. It had been two weeks since they last saw any demon but they knew it was not the time to relax. They knew the only way to truly have peace was when the demon leader was dead.

Elena woke up and made her way to where her Angel was standing and hugged him from behind.

"Good morning," she mumbled into his back.

"Good morning," Raguel said as he turned to kiss her. 

"I will go take a bath now. I will meet you downstairs," she said.

Raguel did not hesitate to leave her on her own because over the week her Angelic powers started to surface and she was really strong and capable of taking care of herself. She even took Raguel down during one of their training sessions.

"Okay, babe," Raguel said as he made his way downstairs. 

Immediately, Raguel left and Elena made her way to the bathroom, shutting the door behind her. She sighed softly as she stripped down her clothes. She looked at her reflection in the mirror before she quickly flashed her wings and inspected them in the mirror. That was one thing she did in the morning before taking her bath. She looked at her wings. At first, it was really difficult for her to get used to seeing wings on her back but now, it just looked as if it had been there all her life. 

She had accepted and grown to love her wings. It really added to her beauty which she now totally agreed with. 

She sighed softly as her wings went back inside. She moved closer to the shower and turned it on, enjoying the feel of the water as it fell on her skin.

******    ****** ****** 

When Raguel arrived downstairs, everybody was seated. He saw Raphael and Samael discussing something. Maria was in the kitchen while Michael was seated alone, staring Into space as usual. 

Raguel sighed and made his way to where Michael was seated.

"Hey son," Raphael said to Raguel before he walked past him.

Raguel stopped and smiled at his father. After he replied to him, he continued to walk up to Michael until he was standing in front of him.

Raphael saw where his son was heading to and it made him smile. He knew Michael needed someone to talk to even though Michael would not come to talk to anybody on his own. 

He was proud of Raguel for making an effort with Michael.

Raguel stood in front of Michael, making him look up.

"Hey," Raguel said as he sat next to Michael.

"Hey," Michael replied as he continued to stare at nothing.

Over the week, Raguel and Michael usually made small talk after the discussion Raguel had with him. Even though Michael had not told Raguel his problem, Raguel didn’t seem to mind. He just believed that when Michael was ready to talk he would talk to him.

"Where is Elena?" Michael asked after a few minutes of silence between them. He did not even look up to see Raguel when he asked the question.

"She's taking a shower," Raguel said, smiling at Michael. "It is definitely a progress," he said to himself. Michael hardly asked a question; he waited until he was asked a question so he could answer it or brush it off.