chapter 5

Raguel was still very surprised by the revelation, however, he quickly composed himself when he sensed the demons nearby. 

He was so confused as to what a human was doing in an area full of demons. He did not have time to think before the door opened, and the demons walked in. 

The demons stopped when they saw an angel standing in the room. 

Demons are usually cautious every time they are in the presence of angels. They are very careful.

However, the demons in the room stood firm and refused to be intimidated by the angel.

“To what do we owe this visit?” one of the demons asked as he crossed his arms around his chest.

Raguel moved closer to the human. He knew demons were not to be trusted as they are very cunning. He took a stand to combat in case the need arose which was likely to be soon. 

“What do you desire with the human?” Raguel requested confidently, giving them a stern look.

“Is this an interrogation session?” one of the demons asked, making the other demons chortle. 

“I do not care what you assume this is or what you desire with the human. However, I'm going to take her out of here and none of you can stop me,” Raguel said as he pointed at the demons in the room. 

“You think we will simply stand right here and watch you take the human?" one of the demons asked rhetorically. "You and I both know that will not happen,” the demon added. 

The demons in the room were looking at the angel, gearing up to pounce on him.

One of the demons braved up and lunged toward the angel, but the angel was quick enough to sweep the demon off his feet. 

The demons wasted no time in attacking the angel as one of their own was on the floor.

The Angel was strong enough to keep the demons off. He fought very well, knocking out every demon that got in his way. However, it was getting too much, and he was not certain if he could hold them back.

He quickly flashed his wings which made the demons close their eyes because of how shiny it was. In that second of distraction, he quickly picked the human up and vanished.

******** ******** ******* 

Raguel stared at the human who was still unconscious, he still could not believe that he had a soulmate. In reality, it felt like he was in a dream.

“She is a human too,” he stated quietly to himself  “No angel has ever formed a bond with a human before. So, why me?” he muttered as he looked at her.  “What's so unique about this human?” 

He had many unanswered questions going through his mind, and he wished Raphael was with him. Maybe, he would have answered some of the questions Raguel had.

He was lost in so many thoughts that he did not even realize that the human was beginning to wake up. When he did, he quickly straightened himself and put some space between them to avoid startling her.

Elena slowly opened her eyes and they immediately landed on the angel. She quickly moved backward till her back was pressed against the wall.

She closed her eyes for a second trying to comprehend what was happening. Without any further delay, she snapped her eyes open to stare at the Angel who was gazing at her intently. 

“You have wings?” she asked scanning the angel for his wings which were no longer in sight. 

“Yes I do,” Raguel answered quietly 

“Does that mean you are an angel?” she asked, saying the last part in a whisper.

However, Raguel heard her perfectly. “Yes I am,” he stated softly

Raguel still could not believe he was talking to his soulmate. He was very complacent on the inside. However, he appeared to be calm but it was sincerely difficult for him to contain his happiness.

The last thing he wanted to do was overwhelm her.

“I cannot believe I'm speaking to an Angel. I must be dreaming,” Elena said, pulling Raguel out of his thoughts. “The Demons,” she said to herself.

She quickly scanned the place for one, but she could not see any other soul. She still could not believe that demons existed.

“What if they are coming back?”, she asked, feeling very scared.

Raguel noticed Elena's expression as she scanned the area and by the looks on her face, he knew she was scanning the region for demons.

“It's okay. No one is here. You are safe,” Raguel stated shortly, attempting to settle her racing heart.

“Were the demons real too?” she asked fearfully. 

She knew she saw the demons. She simply wanted an affirmation, so she would know for certain that she was not going mad.

“Yes, they are real,” Raguel said. “But that should not trouble you now. They are not here,” he added. 

“No,” she stated quietly as her rate of breathing went up. 

"You are safe,” he reassured again, but his words did not calm her down. “She is having a panic attack,” he said to himself when he saw her panting. “Try to slow down your breathing,” Raguel instructed.

“I cannot,” Elena whispered painfully 

“Yes, you can,” Raguel urged her.

That time, Elena could not hear anything around her. She was not able to pay attention to the instruction the angel was giving her.

Her head felt heavy, and when she could no longer hold herself together, she fainted again leaving Raguel burdened on what to do.