Chapter 20 : The Rage

"Now I've got you in my space,

I won't let go of you.

Got you shackled in my embrace,

I'm latching on to you."

Latch - Sam Smith
.
.
.
.
.
My body stiffened at the sound. Chills instantly went down my spine and my wolf went nuts. In a sick twisted way, she was lowkey liking the posessive claim her mate had on her. But me on the other hand. I was pissed.

He had no right to act this way, he was the one that was going to abandon me. Christian stood up from beside me. His eyes darkening, his wolf sensing his king nearby.

"Wait here." He huffed out before exiting the room. Is he honestly thinking of coming out? Hunter will tear him to pieces.

I quickly took my phone and shot a quick text towards Jeremy, telling him to come here as soon as possible before locking it and leaving the room. I took a deep breath as I closed the door behind me. I was nervous to say the least, I don't know what I should do.

I make my way down and towards the backyard.
"Where is she?" A voice boomed out, making me stop dead in my tracks.

"Who the fuck are you talking about Hunter?" Christian growled out.

I scrunched up my brows at his tone, how can he speak to his king that way.

"Don't fucking test my patience right now boy! Now tell me, WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MATE!" He screamed out.

I jumped in my spot, my wolf whining to go to her mate, wanting to ease his anger.

I took a deep breath and slid the doors open, making my presence known to both brooding males.

He had one thing on his mind and one thing only. Me. I don't want anyone to get hurt in the process.
"Lea! I told you to stay inside!" Christian growled out, instantly making a move to drag me back in the house.

His actions was stopped by a low growl coming from the male across him, " Touch her and I'll end you." He said, looking directly at me.

He looked animalistic, his senses clouding his judgement. His firm chest was on full display, a layer of sweat covering it from the run he just had. Shorts was the only thing covering him and he stood there in his full fucking glory, making it hard for me to think.

Christian looked between me and Hunter, confused with the whole situation.

"Come here Milea." He said, his voice sounding deeper. He was barely controlling his wolf and anyone in their right mind would never test him right now.

But whoever said I was in my right mind.

"No." I whispered out before ripping my eyes away from him.

I refuse to fall for his tactics again. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.
"I said, come here Milea." He said again, his voice growing louder, his patience thinning.

"Will anyone please tell me what the hell is going on?" Christian growled out, walking towards me.
"GET AWAY FROM HER!" Hunter snarled out, making me jump in my place and Christian taking a step back, his wolf not wanting to piss off his Alpha further. I've never seen him this way before.

My heart was beating far too fast for its own good. I need to step in before everythings goes too far.

I slowly make my way towards the male I called my mate, I might be furious at him but I know if I don't handle this correctly then someone's gonna end up hurt.

"You need to calm your wolf Hunter." I said softly, stopping in front of him but making sure I was still some distance away.

"Then you need to come here Milea." He growled, his wolf peeking out for a second. It's probably driving him nuts, knowing I was so close yet he can't touch me. Good. Make him feel what I've been feeling.

"I am here." I stated in a cocky manner, feeling my sass creeping out. I folded my arms in front of my chest, making sure he knows that I was not having none of his attitude.

He locked his jaw in place, not liking my manners, well...lack of manners. "You know what I mean Milea. Come closer." He said through gritted teeth.
"Hold on, Lea. Will you please explain to me what the hell is going on?" Christian snapped from behind me.

"He's my mate," I replied casually, "well, soon to be ex-mate." I spat, not once looking away from Hunter's eyes.

He snarled at the title I just gave him, making him step one foot closer to me.

"WHAT? What the fuck? There's no way!" Christian screamed out. Yeah, my reaction exactly too Christian.

"Ohhh yes way." I turned, giving Christian a sarcastic smile.

"Drop the fucking attitude Milea and come here." Hunter snapped at me. I glanced back at him and his face was completely flushed.

"I'm not fucking yours to boss around Hunter." I replied, not liking his male auro trying to overpower me.

"YOU'RE MINE!" He roared out, his beast no longer tamned, making me step back and gasp.

He was moving towards him when two pair of hands grabed onto him, stopping his movement.

"Reign it in Hunter." Jeremy said, holding back his King. Jace stood on the other side, also grabbing onto Hunter for dear life.

Hunter looked deadly. His eyes dark as night, his canines growing and he looked about ready to kill someone. His body was trashing in Jeremy's and Jace's grip, wanting to reach out to his mate. And me. I stood there, horrified with the scene that was unfoalding infront of me.

Jace's screams invaded my hearings and I saw Christian putting Hunter in a headlock, trying to help still the raging man.

"LEA! For fucks sake, help us calm him down!" Jace screamed out.

"We can't hold him any longer, he's gonna shift in a minute!" Christian spoke up for the first time.
I gulped and slowly took small steps towards my trashing male. My heart was beating out of my chest and I could feel myself drawn closer to him. My wolf wanting to put our male at ease before he does something stupid.

I slowly put my hand on his huffing chest and as soon as I touched him, the 3 of them let him go. His arms instantly caged around me, pulling me ridiculously close, his face nuzzled my neck, breathing in the scent of his mate to calm him down.

"Shhhhhh...." I whispered, slowly scratching his back up and down with one hand while the other was playing with his hair.

"You're mine.." He muttered, nibbling on the spot on my neck where I would bare his mark.

I didn't answer him back. I was his....but is he really mine?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hello my loves!!
I'm sorry, I was supposed to upload yesterday but I hurt my wrist during the weekend when I was taking care of my grandma. I literally couldn't bend it cause it hurt so bad. This isn't a long chapter because even though it's feeling a bit better it still hurts to move my wrists around. I hope ya'll understand 💛💛💛

I've missed ya'll so much and I have a question to ask you guys...I know there's so many talented writers here in Wattpad and I wondered if I made a reading list would ya'll like me to recommend some of the books that I've grown to love?? If yes let me know 😁😁

Anyways, thank you for all of your support, comments, like and love towards this book. I read every one of your comments and I love love love reading it. So make sure to

COMMENT
LIKE
FOLLOW

Thank you guys,
Xoxo-Ann💛