The Chapter 12 : The Secret and Goodbyes

"Baby take my hand, I want you to be my husband,

Cause' you're my iron man

And I Love You 3000."

- I Love You 3000, Stephanie Poetri

.

.

.

.

.

To say that the Heat kicked my ass was the understatement of the year. By the time the sun is rising I was completely exhausted, laying in bed in the arms of my mate, who might I add is as tired and spent as I was. We couldn't even sleep for an hour before the pain started creeping in back to me, making me scream my head of. I looked towards my mate's sleeping figure, poor guy had to endure not only my screams but he had to control his wolf to make sure we didn't mate. I smiled and brushed his hair with my fingers, before reaching down and kissing his cheek.

"Thank you", I whispered out. Kissing him once more. However this time, his eyes fluttered opened. His beautiful brown eyes starred back at mine, making me smile even wider.

"Good morning beautiful." He said, his voice sounding deeper than usual, making me shiver at the sound.

I chuckled at his pet name, beautiful? Yeah, right. I probably looked like a cat that just dragged around the woods by a five year old.

"Oh yes, I'm very beautiful alright." I said sarcastically, rolling my eyes at him. Making him chuckled at the amount of sass I had.

We laid there in silence, just him starring at me, smiling. However his eyes suddenly clouded, which tells me that someone was mind linking him. A small growl left his lips soon after and his eyes turned back to the beautiful brown eyes I loved. His features turned dark and cold before he quickly threw the sheet off him and got up, making me frown.

"Where are you going?"  I asked, making him stop and look at me.

His sad eyes indicated that I wasn't gonna like anything that he's going to tell me.

"I have to go." He said softly, making me scrunch up my face in confusion.

"Where are you going?" I asked worriedly, I mean, I know he was the King and all and I knew he had a ton of work to do, but this...this felt different.

He kept standing there, looking at me with sad eyes, and not saying a word. I starred back at him before it suddenly clicked in my head.

"No. You're leaving me again?" I said, sitting up and throwing the covers off me, getting out of the bed.

Hunter sighed and looked down, shaking his head. "Baby..." He started before I cut him off.

"Don't you dare 'Baby' me. Hunter, we've barely even seen each other and I've known you for a month now. We've been mates for a month but I've only seen you 3 times. 3 freaking times Hunter. This is not healthy and you know that! New mates aren't supposed to be apart from each other for too long, you can't do this to me." My voice broke at the last part. He knows this ! He's the king for goddess sake!

Newly mates were rarely apart from each other in the first 3 - 4 months. This was because the mate bond between the 2 wolfs are still so attached to one another that if  2 mates were to be apart from each other too long it would literally take a toll on them, physically. The human's health will slightly deteriorate and the wolf...they would just become snappy, brooding creatures that could literally lose their mind with the slightest threat.

I looked at Hunter's slouched figure with tears in my eyes, causing my vison to get slightly blurry. I tried to blink the tears away and yet they managed to escape.