Chapter 13 : The Scent and The Princess

"Beware of the darkness that lurks behind the light,

For one day, it might grab you into the night."

.

.

.

.

.

// Warning! Contains strong language! //

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Luca, Andrew and Crystal came over half an hour after my thing with Jace, and I had a gut feeling that whatever Jace was keeping from me was not something I was gonna like at all.

I invited them into the cinema room, which to my surprise, is actually really really....large? My friends were shocked, hell, I was even shocked. I knew this place existed because Jace managed to take me around the other time I was here, but this place was beyond my expectation.

"Well, isn't this just...grand." Andrew said while whistling and looking around the room.

"Goddess, I could probably fit my whole family in here with no problem. Would you mind them moving in girly?" Luca said looking dead serious.

"No Luca, of coarse you can't, I mean I don't even live in this damn Palace and I'm the owner's mate." I said huffing out.

"Talking about the owner of the Palace, where is His Majesty?" Crystal asked, plopping down on the bed (Yes, they don't have seats, all of the seats are bed. Like a Premiere Cinema.)

I rolled my eyes and walked over towards a cabinet at the left side of the room, opening it and revealing a huge collection of movies to pick from.

"I don't know, He's off to another national duty. I mean, I get that he's busy but seriously I feel like he's just a stand - in for the role of a mate." I rolled my eyes and continued to scan the whole cabinet.

"What do you guys wanna watch?" I ask turning towards them and laughed at the sight of them snuggling in their blankets, each having their own bed.

"Anything but romance. Had enough of that crap." Andrew said throwing his hands behind his head.

"Aww did a girl break your heart baby, you know there are other options out there that won't hurt you....you know......options like me." Luca said batting his eyes at Andrew, making Crystal and I holler in laughter while poor Andrew looked completely baffled and creeped out.

We all decided to watch the new horror movie "Anabelle comes home" and my mind was at peace, finally. I had my friends with me and pizza by my side...yeah, it's gonna be good.

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

After the movie we chatted for a little while before we decided it was time to head back. Since my heat was done and Hunter wasn't even here, I decided it was best to just go home. Jace insisted on taking me but I was firm enough to say No. I had Luca and Andrew with me, so it wasn't like I was left unattended.

We walked back towards our little village where all the Underdwellers lived, I frowned seeing some kids on the streets, begging for money or food. I need to talk with Hunter about this situation, I mean even if we are considered an 'outcast' by the Were Society, we are still the people of this kingdom, and we deserve the right to live without having to think how to get food tomorrow.

Luca and Andrew dropped me off at my house and I waved goodbye seeing them walk away. It was getting pretty dark so I hope they get home safe. I was gonna turn around and go inside when I caught a scent on my porch, it wasn't my parent's or anyone that I might know. It made my wolf....restless in a way.