Chapter 17 : The Return

"I crave you in the most innocent form.

I crave to say goodnight and give you forehead kisses,

and to say that I adore you."

- Unknown

.

.

.

.

.

Sitting sprawled out on my bathroom floor, I can't help but let my mind buzz for a possible solution as to how my eyes are currently blazing red and my hands look like they could melt metals. I took a deep breath in to compose my distraught self and slowly picked myself up from the floor to get a second look in the mirror.

Red. Fire blazing red.

Any rational reasons that I managed to come up with flew out the window within seconds. My heart was pounding and I was utterly baffled. Am I imagining things? Could this be a form of reaction for not consummating the mating process? What is this?

My red eyes began to pool with unshed tears, I was shaking uncontrollably. I managed to walk out of the bathroom and back into my room where I quickly dialled Luca. He might not know what's happening but really, I just needed someone to hear me out.

"Hey boo, what's up?" He said once the line connected.

"Luca." I whispered out, "I'm scared. Somethings happening to me." I admitted.

"What happened?" All sense of humor was now gone from his voice. "Where are you Milea?"

"I'm in my room but Luca that's beside the point. My eyes Luca. They're red." I said while looking at my reflection in the small mirror hanging on the wall of my bedroom.

"Huh? Did you just say red eyes? Like a pink eye?" He asked, not quite understanding the situation I'm trying to explain.

"No! As in my eyes! They're red!" I yelled in a hushed tone towards him, hoping the werewolf that's currently guarding outside my house won't hear. Damn their heightened hearings.

"What?? Well what did you do? Why's it red?" He rushed out. Trying to help me figure out the situation.

"I-I dunno," I stuttered, "I was just on the phone with Hunter and then I was reading a book and my hands started to get warm and I thought maybe I should run water over it and next thing I knew my eyes are different." I said in one breath while walking around in circles. I sounded like a mad woman but really, I was.

"Shit uh.. did you tell the King?" He asked. No of course not. I don't want to worry him further then he already is.

"No, and I'm not going to until I figure out what's wro-" I stopped mid sentence when I saw myself in the mirror.

"It's gone." I said in disbelief. What in the flying cheeseballs? "My eyes, they're back to normal." I whispered both to myself and to Luca.

"Goddess Lea, you freaked me out." He sighed down the line. I freaked myself out too, I thought. "Lea, you need to think back on what you did earlier. Find a potential trigger or something." He suggested.

"Yeah...I'll try. I'm sorry for freaking you out. It's just been a weird couple of days for me and I'm just so exhausted." I said while plopping my butt on the bed and laid down. It was true though, between the lack of presence of my dear mate, the nightmare and now this, my mental health was taking a toll. Skylar became so on edge and alert and I've been withdrawn from some of my friends.

"Aww honey, I'm sorry. You don't deserve any of this. Try to relax tonight yeah? Have a nice cup of hot coco and get some rest." He said softly down the line. I nodded and sighed before realizing he couldn't see me so I answered him with a yes.