20.

A day before they were supposed to leave, Namjoon wanted to make Soomin as comfortable as possible. So, he had brought her to one of his better furnished hiding house.

Waking up early, he had cooked breakfast and brewed some coffee. When he entered the bedroom, his heart stop at what he saw.

The morning light filtering through gauzy white curtains cast a halo across her half undressed figure. Soomin sat in the middle of the bed, her hair messy but at the same time beautiful. The white button down she was wearing was held in place with only one button, one side drooping and revealing her shoulder. She gave a bright smile as soon as she saw him standing in the doorway.

Namjoon couldn't help but pick up his camera and capturing this moment. He heard her chuckle. "You did not just take a nude of me." He smiled, going towards her. "Don't worry, it's for my eyes only." "I believe you." She whispered looping her arms around his neck and pulling him down over her.

The breakfast and the coffee sat forgotten as they expressed their feelings with their gestures instead of words.

Namjoon thrashed helplessly against the now four men who were struggling to keep him down. Yesterday's morning seemed like an eternity ago. Right now he watched the love of his life being beaten helplessly.

Blood was trickling down her nose and mouth. Her left eye was now a dark red and swollen. Still she smiled, enraging Soongho even more. With a curse falling from his lips, he punched her hard in her stomach.

Namjoon couldn't take it anymore as he watched Soomin coughing out blood from Soongho's recent onslaught. He forgot his pain, gathering his strength and kicked the man to his right, causing him to loose his balance and giving Namjoon an opportunity to free himself.

The bullets started flying once again, men falling down one by one. The men holding Soomin took out their guns as well, trying to protect themselves. Soongho was far gone by now. He didn't care about his surroundings anymore, he only wanted to vent out his anger on someone he thought loved him.

Soomin clutched her stomach in hopes Soongho won't damage any of her vital organs. It hurt like hell as he landed blow after blow but at the same time he was getting sloppy.

"Do you call this a beating, Soongho?" She said, getting up on her knees and smiling through her bloody lips. "I've had worse than this. You can't kill me like this." Soongho fisted his hand in her hair, yanking it painfully so he could look into her eyes. "I'm not going to kill you so soon. How can I when you've given me so much pain?" She scowled at him. "You have no idea what pain means. In the end I'll be the one to kill you. Mark my words." She sneered.

He lifted his hand to strike her again but when she saw Namjoon freeing himself from the corner of her eye, she took out a dagger slashing Soongho's thigh. He hissed in pain. She had struck a vein and he was loosing blood fast. Seeing him distracted, Soomin went on one knee, her dagger finding a spot in his stomach. With a shout she stood up, dragging the dagger upwards and making the man scream in agony.

His cry pleased Soomin. She grinned and went to stab him again but she was stopped by strong hands on her own. "Noona, don't. Please." It was Taehyung and she struggled against him. She wanted to make Soongho suffer as much as he had made her. "Let me go, Taehyung. Let me take my revenge." He didn't relent.

Seeing the leader fallen, his minions felt fear for their lives. They started scrambling for safety but the police forces had circled the perimeter by now. There was no escape.

Soomin was still struggling when she heard her Uncle Lee. "Everyone drop their weapons. Right now." The sturdy man said loud enough with his associates slowly nearing the scene.

"You can let go of that dagger now, Soomin-ah." Her eyes watered as she saw Officer Lee coming towards her, his eyes soft and reassuring. She shook her head, though the fight in her had died long ago. She saw a few officers cuffing Soongho and dragging him to an ambulance. "You can't let him live, Uncle. Promise me you'll make him suffer." He nodded with a gentle smile. "I promise."

She slowly lowered her hand, letting the dagger fall on the ground. A loud groan drew her attention to Namjoon who seemed to be walking towards her but stopped when his body couldn't keep him upright anymore.

Soomin made a run for him, kneeling down as well, infront of him. Her face was clouded with worry as she cupped his face in her hands delicately. "Namjoon-ah, we need to get you to hospital." He cracked a bloody smile. "Look who's talking. You need medical attention first." She smiled, caressing his cheek. "It's over, Joon. It's finally over." He nodded as well, his dimples popping out.

Suddenly there was chaos as the paramedics approached them, checking the extent of their injuries before they were moved to the hospital.

It was indeed finally over, Soomin thought as she laid back, her hand tightly held in Namjoon's as she let the exhaustion and pain take over.

Sufferings and hatred of two years. She felt it leaving her. She might have scars to remind her of the last two years but with Namjoon by her side, she was willing to forget everything and start anew.