"I wish." She slammed an open palm on the table excitedly.

"No no no! Don't leave me in the dark. We're friends now! You gotta tell me. Who were you just thinking about, Tia?"

"Tia?" The blonde from the counter called my name and held up two drinks. I hopped up and sped to her and grabbed our drinks. Strolling back to my seat, Queenie raised her eyebrows at me. I sat and handed her the macchiato/latte/cappuccino crap.

"Spill." I reached for my straw but she took it before I could touch it.

"Ugh, fine. It's, uh, it's my neighbor."

"Names, chica." I rolled my eyes.

"Adrian." She snapped her fingers for me to continue.

"Lewis. Adrian Lewis." I lied. I wouldn't want her googling him up and letting me know who he really is. I mean, what if he is wanted for arrest in Kansas? Or has twelve kids? Or has a terrible credit score?

"Okay, describe him." Queenie urged.

"Uh, tall, dark brown hair, most beautiful green eyes you'll ever look into, muscly, really strong hands, tattoos all over, and I mean all over. I haven't gotten the chance to see all of them but I really want to. And his abs. Good god, this man. And the way he speaks to me. It's crazy. It makes me feel all types of feelings-" My eyes looked up at hers and they were bugged out. Her mouth is wide open as well.

"Ooh girl! You got it bad!" I shook my head.

"No. I met him yesterday. Crushes don't develop that fast, Queenie. It's impossible."

"Babe, mis abuelos got engaged the same month they met. You know why? Because my Abuelo's mother told him as a boy that eyes are the window of the soul. They tell you everything you need to know. He took one look in her eyes and knew he wanted to spend the rest of his life looking into those brown eyes. And you know what? He was the one holding her hand at every doctor's appointment for all six of their kids. Holding her hand when she gave birth. Holding her hand when they found out about her dementia. Holding her hand when she took her last breath. Maybe this one is your story." I gaped at her.

"Queenie, why'd you have to put that in my head." I held my head in my hands. She carefully slid my straw back to me.

"I'm just saying, chica. It's never too early or late for love." I pursed my lips and unwrapped my straw, stabbing it into my lemonade.

"I don't know. Maybe love just isn't for me."

"Bad exes?"

"Nope. Actually, no exes."

"So what made you think that?" I opened my mouth, then closed it again.

"Me." I took a sip and she put her hand on mine.

"You can't quit something you've never tried." I huffed and shook my head.

"I hate that you're right."

"I'm right all the time. Get used to it cause I'm sticking around."

"That's a shame." She swiftly kicked my leg under the table as she sipped her coffee. I grunted.

"Fight me." Queenie stuck her tongue out at me. I mimicked her childishly, making her laugh.

•••
My new friend had been nice enough to drive me home after I told her about my car. The entire time we bopped to old Justin Bieber songs from her old school playlist. As she parked into my driveway, I glanced at Adrian's house. Out of pure curiosity, of course.

His back was facing us, but I knew it was him.

Adrian is helping a woman out of his Jeep, his hand on her back as he led her towards the house.