eight

"Okay, so what did you get?" I settled myself on his couch.

"I got you bourbon chicken with rice and green beans. The green beans are really good by the way. And for me, I got orange chicken with the same sides. I wanted you to try both of them. And don't think I forgot about that stunt you pulled." I smiled innocently as Adrian sat next to me, setting his food on the glass coffee table and brought my legs on top of his thighs. With a hand on my shins, he reached over and grabbed his food again.

"Okay. I need to know some things about you."

"What about?" He asked, munching on some rice.

"What's your full name?"

"Adrian Colt Beckett."

"Colt? That's cute." He grimaced and flicked my thigh.

"Ow-ugh!"

"It's not cute. It's manly." Adrian pouted. I can't help but smile as his bottom lip pokes out.

"Don't pout. That's really cute."

"Next question! Okay, your full name?"

"Tia Selene Riley."

"Selene? Never heard that one before." He poked at his chicken with his white, plastic fork. I reached over to grab my own food.

"It means Goddess of the moon. My dad thought it was pretty." I smiled subtly.

"You close with your parents?"

"My mom and I don't really get along. My dad and I were really close. He left when I was 11; died when I was 12. He was my best friend. My only friend." His thumb traced shapes into my calves.

"Oh, so you were a daddy's girl?"

"If I wasn't then, I am now." He hummed in satisfaction, reaching over to grab my chin, pressing a chaste kiss on my lips.

"How did he die, if you don't mind me asking."

"That's the thing." I gnawed at my lip. "I don't know." He narrowed his eyes.

"What do you mean you don't know?"

"Exactly what I just said. I don't know. My mom sat me down one day and flat out told me he's dead. I know he's dead because his ashes sat in our living room for years." He nodded with pursed lips.

"Mom?"

"My entire existence aggravates her. We've never been on good terms. I guess I realized how much we don't talk or spend time together after my dad left. Immediately after, she started remarrying, divorcing, getting married, getting divorced. It was a crappy cycle and twenty-five year old men who want me to call them Dad, just for them to pack up and leave the next year." I huffed. Enough about my pathetic life, what about your parents?"

"My mom? Love her to death. My dad? Surprised no one has killed him yet." He spoke with an amused smile.

"Woah."

"He's just an ass in general. Can't change, won't change."

"Oof. Okay, new topic! Scariest thing you've ever done?" I shoved a forkful of rice into my mouth. He purses his lips again, deep in thought.

"I don't know. What about you?" Almost halfway done already, he set his styrofoam container down on the coffee table and reached his hand up to my thigh, rubbing circles with his thumb.

"Oh! That one time when I listened to the Hamilton soundtrack on shuffle! So many emotions, so many tears! It was too hard to handle." He opened his mouth to speak, then rolled his eyes with a smile.