37|Fuck DaVinci

"I hate aeroplanes," Seth hissed out, gripping onto the arm of the plane seat so hard his knuckles turned white with one hand, and squeezing Aurélien's hand with the other

"I hate aeroplanes," Seth hissed out, gripping onto the arm of the plane seat so hard his knuckles turned white with one hand, and squeezing Aurélien's hand with the other. If he wasn't a vampire he was sure his fingers would have been fractured. "They're one of humanity's worst invention. Who came up with them?"

"I believe that was DaVinci, mon Cherie," Aurélien said absentmindedly, focused on the riveting plot of the book he was holding with one hand (how he was going to turn the page with his other hand otherwise occupied he didn't know).

"Yeah, well...fuck DaVinci," Seth spat out.

"Well if I was born a few centuries earlier..." Aurélien muttered, grinning at his own joke.

"Don't joke about sleeping with other men. Especially not when I'm having a midlife crisis."

"One, I think joking about sleeping with men who've been dead for a very long time is perfectly acceptable. Two, you're eighteen. This isn't a midlife crisis it's just misplaced anxiety," Aurélien informed his boyfriend, attempting to turn the page of his book with his one available hand and succeeding after a few attempts.

"How is my anxiety misplaced?" Seth yelled out, turning his head to face Aurélien so quickly the vampire feared he would give himself whiplash. "We are a thousand feet of off the ground in a metal cylinder with wings and two big engines attached on either side. I can't believe you refused to teleport us"

"Planes are the safest mode of transport." Seconds after the words left Aurélien's mouth the plane had began to judder and shake, the overhead seatbelt symbol lighting up and the cheery voice of the captain announced that they were suffering turbulence but that there was no need for concern. Everyone around them accepted the turn of events without a trace of anxiety, even the little girl in the row in front of them, everyone except Seth. "And sometimes it's nice to use normal transport, teleporting has gotten boring after so many years. Besides, I teleport you everywhere, you're getting too spoiled."

"I think I'm having a heart attack. What are the symptoms?" Seth yelped, grabbing Aurélien's wrist and gripping on for dear life. The vampire merely leaned over to do his boyfriend's seatbelt up and then rub his shoulder reassuringly. "I think this is heart attack."

"It definitely isn't."

"No heartbeat, no opinion," Seth hissed.

"You're going to be fine," Aurélien assured him, prying Seth's fingers from his wrist so they could hold hands instead. "There's no need to be afraid. You're not going to die."

"Easy for you to say, you're already dead!"

~~~