6|Him

Seth Clearwater felt like a criminal

Seth Clearwater felt like a criminal. This was a new feeling for him. Since joining the pack, he'd felt only excitement; high of the idea that he was protecting the town of Forks from danger, like Spider-Man or Captain America. Even when he was sometimes not allowed to do certain things because he was the youngest, he never lost his enthusiasm for bring a shifter. Now though, Seth was definitely regretting a few things.

As soon as the golden eyes of the vampire connected with his yellow ones, Seth felt the change that others had described to him. And for a second, it was just him and that boy standing in the clearing. Just Seth and him. Just Seth and Aurélien.

But then the thoughts of his pack members had hit him like a brick. They were confused and angry and outraged. They'd watched the rest of the fight and then left as quickly as possible. No one in the pack had addressed Seth directly, but he could hear what they were thinking. How distressed they were. How furious.

Seth had been sent home by Sam. Him and the rest of the pack had left to speak to the elders and, despite it concerning him, his presence wasn't 'necessary'. So Seth sat at home feeling like he'd done something wrong when in reality, it was something he'd had no control over. It wasn't his fault, and it certainly wasn't Aurélien's either.

Aurélien.

From the second their eyes connected, nothing else mattered. He just wanted to be by his side. To see him, hear him. Touch him. How strange it was, to value the life of someone you didn't know above your own. To crave to be near them and yet, they were a stranger.

"Don't even think about it." Seth had been so lost in his thoughts he hadn't heard his sister return home, or enter his room.

"Don't think about what?"

"Going to see that vampire. Or about him at all," Leah said, taking a seat on the chair at his desk. "The rest of the pack are furious. Not at you, mostly at the leech."

"Aurélien. And it's not his fault," Seth corrected, "what did the elders say."

"That there is nothing we can do. Imprinting is irreversible. They can't explain how it's possible, but you imprinted on a vampire," Leah said softly, looking at Seth with pity. To her, this was why imprinting was so bad. Her little brother was shackled to a bloodsucker and there was nothing anyone could do about it.

Seth said nothing as Leah left the room, ruffling his hair as she went. He had hoped the elders would be more help. That they could tell him what to do. But it seemed Seth was alone in this.

All alone, with only thoughts clouded by him.

— — —