28|Promise?

For vampires, running baths were hard

For vampires, running baths were hard. Sure, Aurélien could tell if something was hot or cold, but since even the most scolding of water couldn't hurt him, it was hard to tell if it was too hot for a human. He didn't want to burn Seth — the purpose of the bath was too help with any residual ache in his muscles from their earlier activities.

Aurélien exited the bathroom, wandering over to his king sized bed in which his boyfriend currently resided, bare body hidden by a thick duvet and sound asleep.

"Mon amour, wake up," Aurélien whispered softly, seating himself on the edge of the bed and placing his hand on Seth's cheek. As expected, he barely stirred. That boy could sleep through a hurricane. "Mon amour."

"Tired," Seth complained, shifting his body so his back was now to Aurélien. "Want to sleep more." He reached out to grab Aurélien's hand, tugging on it in an attempt to pull the French vampire onto the bed beside him.

"So no dinner then? Shame, I was planning on making macaroni cheese. But if you don't—"

"Wait!" Seth said, shooting up from his position abruptly, letting out a hiss of pain when he twisted his body to climb out of bed.

"Seth?" Aurélien asked, concerned. Grasping ahold of his boyfriend, he helped the boy climb out of bed. If he wasn't so concerned about Seth's general well-being, Aurélien might've taken the opportunity to appreciate both his boyfriend's nudity and also the reddish marks on his neck and chest (there were also a few on his thighs, which he did not remember making). "Are you okay? Did I hurt you? I tried to be careful, I'm sorry if—"

"Aurélien, calm down," Seth said with a smile and a reassuring squeeze of the boy's hand. "It didn't hurt anymore than is normal for the first time."

"Are you sure?" Aurélien asked, brushing his thumb over Seth's knuckles subconsciously. He was deathly afraid of hurting his sweet boyfriend, which might seem ridiculous given the fact that with his supernatural strength, Seth could do just as much damage to Aurélien as he could do to him. Yet still, the fear remained. The anxiety that something that should have been another way for them to express their love for each other had actually just caused Seth pain.

"I'm positive, babe," Seth said with a grin, placing a soft kiss on Aurélien's cheek that had the French vampire smiling once again. "Now, what were you saying about macaroni cheese?"

"I'll make you some," Aurélien promised, tapping on his cheek to signal that he'd like another kiss, which Seth gladly gave. "But first, a bath. It will help with any soreness."

Seth nodded his head enthusiastically, though Aurélien knew it was more about the food he'd be receiving after than the bath. But he didn't seem annoyed as Aurélien lead him to the
en-suite bathroom and helped him to climb into the large tub full of steaming, hot water.

"Get in with me?" Seth requested with a cheeky smile, and Aurélien eyed him suspiciously. It seemed like an innocent enough request, but Seth's request to cuddle after they'd had sex seemed innocent enough, but then he'd used it as an opportunity to seduce Aurélien into going another round (seduce was probably a strong word since he'd caved pretty quickly). In fact, the French vampire's resolve was clearly very poor because Seth had promptly done the same thing again. Only this time he'd simply straddled Aurélien, looked down at him with the cutest pout and puppy dog eyes he'd ever seen and asked if they could go for a third time in such a soft voice. And, well, who was Aurélien to deny such a request?