"You are right about that" he says smiling.

God, he's so hot.

He types the password and giggles when the screen actually unlocks. I smirk at him and watch the other guy shake his head as he places a note under his empty glass before leaving the bar.

"Hello Afi, it's Kacely" he says over the phone.

Kacely? I definitely haven't heard that name before, now I'm more convinced he isn't from here.

"How are you?" he asks. I turn away, in order to stop myself from staring. He might think I'm a creep. When I turn, Baldy has both his arms in his apron pocket with a sterner look on his face.

Who is this guy???

Does he have any idea how ugly he looks right now? Doesn't he have something better to do? Like wish his family happy New Year or something? What on earth is his problem?
I let out a groan and look away, finishing the drink in my glass and when I look left, the other bartender is on his phone. Finally, something for Baldy to do. I want him to be the one to serve me.

"Hey," I call out gaining his attention. "Fill the glass."
He looks at me even more furiously before picking it up.

"Um... that was my little sister." The guy with the accent says to me and I look up at him. "I want to call my friend now"

"OK" I shrug and tap the counter with the tips of my fingers. Baldy looks at him again while putting some ice blocks into the vodka. He walks toward me with the drink on his tray and places it on the counter before giving me another angry look and walking away.

Creep.

"Chale, you no di even understand." Kacely grumbles over the phone. That's the name right? Kacely?

"It had to be just me and her, just the two of us. Na e even bring up the idea. But we reach the place now and e just shift me one side." he explains angrily.

At least I'm not the only one who got robbed of attention.

"She no even get my time. Even for look in my direction." he says glancing toward me, causing me to look away and take a sip of my drink. "Later on she said we should go and have dinner, with the guy still with her. I refused live! I had had my dose of the guy. No laugh, e no funny" he warns and I hear the voice laugh harder through the speaker.

"G, I don't know if my mom and I will ever get along. We already started badly and it's barely been a week." he says frustratedly and runs his fingers through his hair. "I probably shouldn't have come with her. I should've stayed with Afi." he exhales and leans against the counter.

The rays from the bulb shine directly on him and I look away when he looks at me.
Stop staring Az... Don't make it akward.

"OK, make I drop. Ma phone dey down. Time wey I recharge I go flash you. Happy New Year bro." he says and hangs up.

"Thank you so much" he tells me and hands back my phone.

"Don't mention it Kacely" I say and take a glance at my screen. It's still 07:17 pm.
"Shit" I cuss under my breath.

"How'd you know my... oh, you must have overheard me." he says.

"Yes... I couldn't help it. You were really loud and you seemed pretty upset."

"I am actually." he says and sits on the stool next to me. That's progress.

"What's wrong?" I ask to keep the conversation going.

"It's my mother. She... she brought up the idea that we come here alone, to spend some time together. But when we get here, she shifts her attention to the first man who flirts with her." He explains and shakes his head. He pronounces mother as mather.
What is that accent? Where is he from? But one thing is for sure, it's African.