CHAPTER 69

AZ
Song: People you know - Selena Gomez

This is the first time Kacely has ever come to me about a problem, it's always been the other way around. I guess Henry must really be important to him because since their little fight the other day, he's been down. We couldn't even study that day, he just couldn't concentrate and he ended up going home early. I call him later on and he says Henry is too disappointed to have a conversation with him. Apparently all I ever do is cause him problems.

School starts today and as relieved as I am because the process is being sped up, I still am not happy about being at RCC. Kacely is back to sitting with me at the back of the class. Rykiel has now occupied his seat, not that it's a major problem, even though that skinny human is always out for trouble.

"Alright, settle down" the Chemistry teacher - our class master orders as he gets into class and people try to get to their lockers. "This activity will not take long if you guys cooperate, so we're going to create study groups of five. Person on the first locker and person on the last locker - you are the first members of group one, that is Bryana and Ntonifor. Come write your names here"

"Mad oh!" Fusi laughs and so do others

"Fusi, you and Britney for the next. Come and write your name" he instructs and they follow behind us.

He picks members randomly and Kuji the most quiet girl gets added to our group and then Kacely.

"Just one more member for the love rectangle to be complete" Fusi laughs and people giggle.

Love rectangle ?

"Javis I'll send you out" the teacher warns him and he clams his lips together.

"Who doesn't have a group?" The teacher asks and Bryan puts his hand up along with two other people, then Fusi...

"Javis what's your problem?" The teacher asks him.

"Sir, I have just one request... Can you please add Bryan to group one?"

"Why?"

"Because Kacely, Azinwi and the twins have a lot in common. They'll work better together"

"Fusi the way you like trouble na" Bryana says.

"Bryan join group four, Rawlings go to group one." The teacher ignores Fusi.

Files of past questions get distributed among the groups and we are instructed to exchange them after three days.  Rawlings gets appointed as the group leader and he collects the file but it's just full of Biology past questions. When the teacher leaves, Rawlings and Kuji come up to us to talk about how we'll be studying.

"Bryana, please come. This won't take long" Rawlings pleads as she and Rykiel talk. They both walk up to us and we all stare waiting for some sort of explanation.

"Rykiel and I have switched places" she announces.

"What will happen when the teacher checks?" Kuji asks in her tiny voice.

"I'll talk with him, I don't want to be part of a group in which I won't be comfortable" she says and glances at Kacely, then me before turning to leave.

Truth is, I'm not happy that she and I aren't in good terms. She is still the only one I could get along with here at RCC, but since life's a bitch, it just had to fuck us up.

Getting home, I meet Gramps in the kitchen with an apron setting up the table for dinner as Shura watches a movie. I say hi and head upstairs to change out of my uniform before heading back down. While we eat, Gramps literally feeds Shura the whole time and I take the advice of not making it about me as always. I try to make conversation and it feels better.