"I have so much to tell you", she sighs as we sit on the couch. "Jacob and I went on two dates. The first one he took me roller skating and then to a cute little 1950's diner", she gushes. "And the second was yesterday. It wasn't supposed to be a date but it basically was. We went to this painting class, sort of. You go and pick out the item you want to paint and then paint it".

"Did you kiss him?" She nods, hesitantly. "No way", I squeal. "You guys are gonna be the cutest couple".

"Anyway, enough about me, I need to talk with you", she looks at me seriously. "You're a little close with your boyfriend aren't you?"

"I mean, he is my boyfriend", I joke. She doesn't laugh. "I've gotta make it realistic", I mumble.

"I'm not buying that. I think you like him".

"What? No, of course I don't. He's—he's—", I try to find something bad to say about him however, I fail, miserably. "I need to pee", I grumble, making my way up to the bathroom. Once I get there, I sit on the closed toilet seat, thinking to myself.

I can't like him, can I?

I mean sure, I like hanging out with him. I like being around him. That doesn't mean I like him.

Right?

This is just a mission. My feelings don't matter.

I realise I'm taking a while in the bathroom, so I make my way downstairs, back into the living room. "You got a message from Juliet", she hands me my phone.

Romeo: I've landed. Hope you have a good day babe

"Stop smiling at your phone like an idiot", Hayley slaps my arm. "It's not real".

Yes... I know.

"So, tell me about your date with lover boy", she turns in her seat to face me. I tell her everything from that day, from when I left the diner with her, to when he asked me to be his girlfriend. "You guys would genuinely be a cute couple", she says, nonchalantly, grabbing the remote to put something on the TV.

We end up watching TV and talking for a couple of hours before she has to leave. I then help Will make food before deciding to go to bed.

As I lay in bed, waiting for his reply, Romeo FaceTimes me. "Hey".

"Hi", he smiles, boyishly. "What are you doing?"

"Laying in your bed", I turn the camera so he can see his room before turning it back to me.

"Our bed", he teases.

"What are you doing?"

"Just finished work so now I'm back at the hotel", he shifts in his position on the bed.

"Wait so if it's 11pm here, that means it's 2am there. Why did you finish work so late?"

"Busy day", he yawns. "I miss you".

"I miss you too", I really do.

"I'm going to have to go now, I have to be up early tomorrow".

"Alright", I say, slightly sad.

"Goodnight, babe", he mumbles, softly.

"Goodnight".

✯✯✯✯

"Morgan", Parker groans, walking into the room. "Wake up, your phone's been ringing for, like, the past hour", I open my eyes, grabbing my phone to see four missed calls from Rafael.