Poppy: Twenty Four-Selfish

"Mom? Dad? You-you guys are here?" I heard Fawn exclaimed in shock. Even me and Fox was shock. We didn't think that they would come like this. I mean, they could have given us a heads up but no, they just came in like a hero saving the people-instantaneous.

"Fawn! Sweetheart, where's Poppy? Where's your sister?!" Mom sounded really scared and tense. Hearing her that way, I also tensed up and held onto Fox even tighter. Fox looked at me before tightening his grasp around me as we walked towards the living room.

"Alya, you have to calm down." I heard Dad spoke. It would have been very convincing but he sounded desperate and tense-just like Mom.

"Noir! I want my daughter!" Mom sounded like she was about to kill.

"Alya, I know darling but you have to calm down. I-I, I also want to see Poppy..." It was the first time I heard Dad sound so vulnerable. It was always like there was nothing that could affect him but it seems like I was wrong.

"Ah-well, Poppy is with Fox right-" Fawn didn't finish her sentence when she saw us walk in. I didn't know what kind of expression she was showing. As a matter of fact, I can't see anything else apart from mom and dad. There was nobody else in my vision but them.

I couldn't see their face but only the back of their heads as they were facing Fawn. I remember dad's black hair-hair so black it was as if you were staring into the abyss of black hole itself, then his eyes-he suddenly looked at us.

Just like I remember, his eyes was that like of a dragon. Rather than a circular pupil, his pupil was slit like a dragon and the color of ash black. He looked strict with a stone face that never shows emotion but this time, his face was full of fear and worry.

"Po-Poppy...?" I didn't think I could let out a smile but I did. Seeing his gentle eyes that was looking at me, it made me feel warm. This was my dad. My daddy!

"Daddy?" Dad let out a sigh then gave a shaky smile.

"Daddy!"

"Poppy!" Dad held onto mom's hand and mom finally looked towards me. I held my breathe. Mom had a sickly pale complexion. Her eyes had dark black eye bags and her eyes was red.

Mom looked so frail and thin. You could see her bones. She was like a living skeleton and I never like it. Not only that, mom also had weird marks all over her face and the rest of her body. That's what I remember her, however, mom wasn't all of those.

Mom didn't have the sickly pale complexion, nor did she have the marks, or was she thin and frail. She-she looked normal. She looked strong, and happy, and... free. Mom looked the way she did before she got sick and I felt myself tremble.

Fox looked at me confuse but I ignored him. All I saw was mom and even forgot dad-whoops, sorry dad. You can't blame me! All this time...finally, I get to see her. I got to see my mommy.

"Mommy!" I jumped from Fox's embrace and onto the ground-oh the stupid things I do sometimes. Jumping onto the ground and off Fox was a bad idea because the ground was a lot farther than I thought-I fell on my face....I fell straight on my face...sometimes I just want to slap myself.

"Poppy!" Mom was faster than Flash or Superman could ever get getting to me. She scooped me up on the ground and held onto me like her life depended on it. Her warmth and her hugs...those I missed.

"Mommy..." I snuggled closer to her and everyone else was forgotten. Dad had a look in his face and so did everyone else. I didn't see it though. I was too busy with mom.

"My little Poppy..." mom sighed as she held me closer. It felt like my ribs was about to break but I still enjoyed it. I enjoyed my mom's hugs.

"What about Daddy." Dad teasingly sigh. I looked over mom's shoulder and saw dad looking at us with a warm smile. Did they always show this much emotions? I don't know anymore. In my first life they all always had one emotions that I knew off either there was an unreadable smile or a stone face void of emotions.

     It was only after she came along that my family started showing other emotions. It was also when she came along that my life went from bad to worse to absolute hell that it made Tartarus look like a haven to the Titans. Gods! I have never hated so much before. I suppose that I mellowed down after I ran from my home before dying a peaceful yet not so peaceful death.

"Daddy, too." I reach out to dad and he joined in in our hug as well. For some reason although my throat felt constricted and my eyes go warm and wet, my chest was light. It was as if something was finally lifted off my chest.

You want to know a secret? For once in a long time I didn't feel afraid. I didn't feel worry or anxiety or even anger. For once in a long time I felt happy. I know I'm the villain. I know I'm the bad guy. I know that I won't be the hero and that I'll do lots of things I'll regret but for once all of that just went away like a cloud being blown away by the wind.

I love my parents. I like my siblings. My staff is very likable and I tolerate them. I know I don't deserve any of this. But just like before, I'll be selfish. I'll enjoy this brief moment where everything's fine until everything's goes awry. I'll be selfish...

The End.