Poppy: Twenty-Artificial

'But why does it have to be me?' I didn't say it out loud and said it in my mind but the jewel heard me loud and clear.

'Because you-' There was no way in hell that I'm the chosen one. Nu-uh. I would not believe it even if the whole entire galaxy tells me I'm the chosen one. I would say it was a lie or something went terribly wrong-Or you could say that my body was tampered with.

'Please don't say I'm the chosen one...' I begged in my mind. I hear a chuckle from the jewel.

'You aren't the chosen one.' The jewel gladly told me and I swear to every gods that exist! I could sing praises for all of them!

'However-' I changed my mind. Gods aren't that great. Really? Are you fucking kidding me? There has to be an however don't it? Why is there always an however! And why in the loving hell me?!

'I hate life.' The jewel hummed in response.

'As I was saying, although you aren't the chosen one. Your body has been tampered with and we can say that you are an artificial chosen one. Not the real one but your just like one.' So I did kind of guess correctly.

'How did they do that? And why?' I asked the jewel. It sighed.

'The poisons they gave to you.' I furrowed my brows. If it was that simple then every person they'd torture would be an artificial chosen one.

'And a pill made completely out of the ancient dragon god's body.' I didn't eat pill that was completely made out of a dragon. All I remember were pills made out of poisonous flowers or organs-curtesy of Zero and-the pill?

The last pill I ate was the one that Zero gave me. It gave me a self-healing ability but that was it. I knew from the slight smell of the pill that there was herbs mixed in it and it wasn't just a pill made of dragon's body.

'But the pill wasn't all made of-' The poisons. What can the poison do to the pill? And what were the poisons called again? I'm sure Fawn was able to identify them. Let's see. They were called-

     'The Dragon Tear poison, the Black Dragon Blood poison, and the White Dragon Flower poison.' Yup. That's what the poisons were called. So all of the were poisons that are related to a dragon.

     The pill I ate had herbs mixed in them but the poisons put together will destroy any herbs I eat. So that made the pill become only with the dragons ingredient to it. But that still doesn't make sense. I know for a fact that I wasn't the first to be used for the experiment.

     So somewhere out there there has to be someone else who ate the same thing that I did...they didn't survive. None of the other experiment survived and only I did. But how come I survived. What was different with me that made me survive.

     'What was different?' It feels like my head is about to explode. This was too many mysterious for me!

     'Your blood.' My blood? What about my blood? Aren't I just a full-fledge human? Aren't I just normal?! Right? I'm normal. I am absolutely normal! Unless-

     'I'm not a full blooded human?' This-this, what?

     'Your family are descendants of a goddess...' I suck in a breath-bad idea because I choke on nothing. Forget choking on nothing! We have god blood! How-how did that happen?

     'God? Which god? I mean-which god are we related to? And, and how?' The jewel hummed.

     'I feel like it's best if you ask your parents that. As of right now, I'll be at your disposal.' The jewel suddenly appeared in front of me. I reach out towards it and grabbed it. My left hand that had the jewel suddenly burst on fire but I felt no pain.

     Marks started appearing on my arm as if it was being lasared tattoo. It looked really cool but I was a bit worried. The marks looked ancient and dragonic-it was the mark of the dragon god? Hold up just a sec!

     'Hey this wasn't on the menu!' I hear the jewel laugh.

     'Neither was you becoming an artificial chosen one!' The fucker. Are you kidding me? I didn't want to be experimented and be the only successful one. And aren't you suppose to be helping me.

     I didn't think things could get worse which luckily it didn't. The jewel floated away from my hand and closer to my chest before disappearing in it. The marks stayed and became more prominent on my arm. After the jewel completely disappeared on my chest everything went back to normal and I fell on my ass. Ouch.