Chapter 3- Sweet Caramel Macchiato

Start from the beginning

"Ne, Sajangnim?"

Lisa replied, her voice cracked like she was forcing herself not to cry and Dara put her hands on Lisa's shoulder and eyed her to check if the lady had already lost it after all the years of being alone and for the stress of being a single mom, but she only saw emptiness on her doll brown eyes.

"Are you okay, Lisa?"

She panicked.l as cold sweat running through her forehead and her temperature drop like she was being caught in action by the police. Dara Sajangnim might have thought that she was going crazy as her lips twitched and she stuttered a bit before answering her.

"N-ne Sajangnim."

This time around, Dara Sajangnim sat down and looked at her while her hands still on her shoulder. Her eyes were full of worry as her gaze soften around the young lady.

She admitted that she already treated Lisa like her own daughter and that was why she could not afford to see her like she's gonna lost her life on her own problems.

"Are you sure? Do you have a problem? Be honest with me? I can help you."

You can't.

Lisa thought.

She looked at Dara and smile at her. Dara's worry was instantly replaced with confusion and so Lisa just made an excuse as to why she was acting like that.

"I am just thinking about the savings I needed to do for my daughter's education."

Dara seemed to take her answer and lightly slapped her arms as a joke.

"Oh, Lisa. If that's it then I can help you. I can increase your hourly rate. You should have told me and not let me worry. I am always here when you needed someone, okay?"

Lisa just nodded as Dara hugged her sideways. Dara already smiled and worries had been taken out of her mind.

She started to continue cleaning the crab while Lisa looked at her wondering if it was appropriate to ask her about what was going on inside her mind.

She was dying to know what would be her answers too. Was it the same as she was thinking?

"Sajangnim, have you ever fall in love after your husband died?"

Lisa bit her lips nervously while Dara just looked at her with her brow's crease. Lisa almost gonna say that she was just joking to take off the awkward atmosphere when Dara answered:

"I did."

After that, Dara started cleaning the crabs once again. Everything was silent and so Lisa just resumed on what her doing. She didn't ask any further because that was just like invading someone's privacy.

However, Dara spoked unexpectedly.

"I didn't pursue my feelings. It was because I am thinking of my kids. I told him that I love him but I love my kids more."

It was now Lisa's turned to look at her. Dara stop what she was doing and then looked at Lisa too. She then smiled and gave her assurance. She continues to speak,