Chapter 7- Champagne

Start from the beginning

She was sure it was a long story that she would one day be happy to hear about if she was around long enough to. However, Hope was interested in knowing more about one particular family member. 

"What about Zayn?"  She casually inquired without looking vastly interested.

"The playboy?  Ah well, his royal hotness and I aren't on the best of terms.  I get along better with the girls.  But he's on my list of the most gorgeous and hottest specimens in the world.  And let me tell you, the list is short. He's lucky I find him handsome or else I wouldn't even talk to him."

Sammy sighs dramatically and fans himself.

"But the St. James' family seems like a nice family overall, right?" Hope inquired. 

She was curious to know more about the St. James family ever since she saw the photo of them together and she was reluctant to ask Zayn.  She would never want him to believe she was being intrusive.  Hope learned never to poke her nose in other people's business where it may not be welcomed.

"They the bomb, girl.  They've all been blessed with fabulous DNA. Mama and papa St. J are fierce.  I mean I wouldn't want to be their enemy.  They're very protective of their kids.  They're a tight family who have high values.  Kinda traditional in that sense.  But they're cool.  I'm practically part of the family."

How nice, Hope thought.  To have a family.  She mildly wondered what is was like for her growing up.

A pang of pain clenched her stomach. What she wouldn't trade to know, to remember.

An answering breeze blew a long strand of her hair across her face and she carefully tucked it behind her ear.

Her positive mood suddenly plummeted.   Perhaps she was never meant to remember.  Maybe fate set her on a different path in order to save her from a fate worse than the recent predicament she had lived.

Call it a gut feeling but she believed she would never know. 

Shaking her head from her troubled thoughts, they swayed toward her rescuer once more.

She hardly knew him but she trusted him.  Taking the chance and offering her a helping hand and support when he found her that awful cold night proved good people still existed.  He made her feel safe and cared for. 

Hope clears her throat feeling a blush coat her cold cheeks. "Why do you call Zayn a playboy?"

It was Sammy's turn to giggle.  "Cause he screws anything in heels.  He has a reputation for changing his dates as often as his socks.  Girls never say no to him."  He explains.  "If I'm honest, I wouldn't either."

"Oh."  Was Hope's only response, her stomach suddenly twisting in knots, finding the information she learned displeasing.

Of course women would fancy him.  Zayn's frame, height and looks were guaranteed to weaken a woman's knees no matter what he wore or what he said.

He was undoubtedly handsome but there was something more than just his outside appearance that was attractive, at least to her. There was something about his stance, a sense of animalistic strength, that fine tailoring did little to confine.  He held a primitive power that added a magnetism few women of any age could successfully ignore.