Chapter 14-Happy Birthday

Hope lost track of time, hurrying to finish up her shower.

It took fifteen minutes to dry and style her hair sweeping it into a sleek pleat and another fifteen minutes to complete her make-up. In the bedroom, she crossed the small distance to the closet and selected the silk evening tourers in a delicate ivory, added a contrasting red camisole and slid her arms into a matching silk jacket she was supposed to wear last night.

It was an outfit she personally selected during one of her outings with Sammy at the Gucci boutique. She had an array of dresses and skirts, Hope wanted something different.

Gold Gucci butterfly earrings and a matching necklace completed the outfit. She took her time to select a stiletto-heeled shoe–a pair of red Christian Louboutin's. They went perfectly with her red lips and silk blouse.

There was a soft knock at the door. She reached for the doorknob and paused before turning it, convinced that even though the thickness of the wood that separated them she could breathe in Zayn's scent.

Drawing a deep breath, she opened the door, the glow from the hallway lighting his handsome features before she acknowledged him.

"Stunning." Zayn complimented.

The heat returned to her body, reaching her groin, feeling it turning to slick moisture once again.

She inhaled, the air carrying the heat of his body and the clean, rich smell of him. She fought it, but her eyes darted helplessly over him. He was dressed in a jacket, a few buttons undone on his shirt. There was a tantalizing triangle of smooth, tan skin, with just the hint of the tops of his muscled chest. She followed the shape of muscles as they pushed out his shirt.

He exuded such a lethal sexuality even clothed and it heated up her blood.

She swallowed, breathless, and looked up at his face.

He was staring, his gaze blazing hot, glittering and hard, like blue diamonds. The look he was giving her was filled with desire and something else she couldn't understand.

His appraisal was warm and appreciative, lingering a little too long on the soft curve of her mouth. What was he thinking?

Her embarrassment rose to the highest scale. Had he noticed her spying on him during his shower?

Hope's pulse stammered.

Then he seemed to catch himself and he straightened, tugging his jacket straight and gesturing towards the door.

"Hope?"

On their own accord her eyes lowered to his mouth. Her thoughts retreated back to the shower as he pleasured himself. . .wet hair, droplets of water gliding over his shoulders and chest. It was possibly one of the sexiest, most erotic things, she could have ever witnessed.

When she thought of that mouth pressed against hers and those hands of his pleasuring her, a warm sensation of electricity and desire flowed low in her belly sending wave after wave directly to her core.

It throbbed with desire causing her legs to tremble.

Flushed and breathless, she faced him, gazed up at him, and moistened her lips.

Hope could only nod, not trusting her voice.

Zayn looked down at her, a warm, possessive gleam in his eyes.

He must naturally secrete pheromones to lure women to him, she reasoned, because his allure was undeniably addicting.

Her eyes remained on his face.