and much to her displeasure, the new professor was going to be a filthy creature.

"if that's the case, then so be it", umbridge spat, forcing herself to keep up her pearly white smile.

—✼—

malfoy was furious. the boy was beyond pissed. his face was probably redder than evelyn's favorite fruit, strawberries.

the inquisitorial squad had finally found where the d.a. club have been meeting.

with cho being forced to drink the truth serum, she had uncontrollably spat out the location of where harry and his group were practicing.

and of course, that included evelyn herself.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!", malfoy asked.

the boy usually never raised his voice at evelyn, never. but today was not the case. the girl flinched at her boyfriend's harsh tone.

"I-I'm s-sorry dray. if I had told you...y-you would've told on us. and you know I can't let that happen to harry and the rest!", evelyn explained.

though it didn't matter, as hermione, ron, and harry were all currently in umbridge's office, with malfoy and evelyn in malfoy's room.

"so you kept it a secret from me?!", malfoy scoffed in disbelief.

evelyn thought she must've looked quite pathetic at the moment. she felt tears brimming her eyes, threatening to spill. she hadn't meant to keep it a secret from malfoy, but she couldn't betray her friends like that.

she just couldn't.

"listen dray, I'm really sorry!! I really am! please don't be mad at me anymore!! you have to believe me!! voldemort is coming back and umbridge isn't teaching us what we need to know. I have to learn how to protect myself and—"

"stop!", malfoy sternly said. "I get it. just stop it".

evelyn's bottom lip quivered as she waited for what malfoy was going to say next. she had sincerely hoped that he would not be mad enough to break it off with her. her whole world would crash if that were to happen.

malfoy huffed in disappointment. he glanced at the girl that was practically on the verge of sobbing. rubbing his temples, he then pulled evelyn into a tight hug.

"you could've just told me. I wouldn't have told umbridge if I knew you were in it too", malfoy sighed, mumbling into the girl's hair.

"I'm sorry!!", evelyn cried as she clutched onto malfoy's robes.

she had felt so guilty, but now that he had found out, it was like letting out all her worries and stress.

"it's okay, it's okay", malfoy soothed, patting the girl's hair.

"I promise I won't keep anything from you ever again", evelyn hiccuped, looking up at malfoy with her glossy eyes.

malfoy wiped the girl's tears away with his thumb. he booped her nose as they made a pinkie promise with both their pinkie ring fingers.