One-On-One Battles! Begin!

Start from the beginning

"Why am I always caught up in Mineta's schemes?" Yaoyorozo asked, letting out a sigh. [Name] and Uraraka crouching down besides the girl to comfort her. "I even used Creation to make the outfits..."

"Those guys are so dumb!" Jiro exclaimed, throwing the pom-poms to the floor.

"Well, there's still time before the finals and it'd be a pain if things got tense," Hagakure said, moving the pom-poms around. "It's fine! Let's do it!"

"What?!" Jiro screamed.

"Toru, you like this, huh?" Asui questioned.

"All right, everyone! Let's have fun competing in the recreational games! When that's over, the sixteen from the four teams that made it to the final round will duke it out tournament style, one-on-one!" Present Mic exclaimed.

"I'm gonna stand on the stage that I watch every year on TV!" Kirishima said, his eyes shaking with excitement.

"Wasn't it tournament last year?" [Name] questioned.

"It's different every year, but there's a one-on-one competition every year," Sero explained, looking over his shoulder at her. "Last year, it was a sports chanbara match."

"Now, let's draw lots to determine the bracket," Midnight said, holding a yellow box with the word lots on it. "Once the bracket is determined, we'll have the recreational games and then start! The sixteen finalists can choose whether or not they want to participate in the recreation. I'm sure some of you want to rest or save your strength. Now, from the first place team-"

"Um..! Excuse me," Ojiro said, raising his arm. "I'm withdrawing."

[Name] and her classmates gasp, looking at the boy with widen eyes. Midoriya speaks up though. "Ojiro, why?"

"This is a rare chance for pros to see you!" Iida said, hoping to change the boy's mind.

Ojiro lowers his hand. "I barely remember anything from the cavalry battle until almost the end. I think it was that guy's Quirk." [Name] looks towards the boy with purple hair and tired eyes. The boy that smells like honey rose. "I know that this is a great chance and that it's foolish to waste it..."

"Ojiro."

"But-- Everyone here competed by giving their all! I can't... I can't be up there with everyone without knowing what really happened," Ojiro confessed, clenching his hand into a fist.

"You're worrying too much about it!" Hagakune said. "You should just make sure you produce results in the finals!"

"If you're gonna say that, I didn't do anything, either," Mina said.

"That's not it..." Ojiro said, a hand covering his face. "I'm talking about my pride here... I can't... Also, why are you guys wearing cheerleader outfits?"

[Name], Hagakune, Jiro, Uraraka, Yaoyorozo, Mina, and Asui sulked, not wanting to explain the situation to Ojiro. [Name] forgot that she was wearing the cheerleader outfit too. She ponders if her dad is still watching the Sports Festival and would he be disappointed in his daughter wearing this outfit?

"I'm Nirengeki Shoda from Class B," Shoda said, stepping forward. "I also want to withdraw for the same reason. Regardless of ability, don't you think it goes against the goal of this sports festival for those who didn't do anything to move onto the final round?"

Kirishima has tears in his eyes. "What's with these guys?! They're so manly!"

[Name] chuckled, patting Kirishima's back as he wipes his tears away. Bakugo rolls his eyes and [Name] glanced at him, but she looks away. Should she bring up the conversation she heard between Todoroki and Midoriya? I mean, Bakugo was there too and she ponders what she should do with this information because she feels bad that she probably shouldn't have heard their conversation.