CHAPTER 14: PHONE CALLS

When Dew wakes up, his head hurts. This is to be expected, because for some reason vodka always gives him really bad hangovers. He groans, rolling over. He stares at the ceiling for a long time. It's the first time he hasn't been woken up by Rowan in a while.

Rowan...

Dew shoots up so that he's sitting, then falls back with a groan of pain.

Fuck! Rowan saw him drunk! Dew hates it when people see him drunk—hates it. This is gonna be awkward.

Dew tries to remember what he did around Rowan. He remembers going to the kitchen, and eating strawberries. He dropped something, and Rowan carried him to the bathroom. Dew's pretty sure that he was injured, and one look at his foot proves that he's correct in that notion. Okay, so Rowan was his nurse, and...

Yeah, doctors are hot, you're hot, that's double hot.

And Dew called him hot.

Oh fuck. Oh no. No! Dew doesn't like Rowan like that! Sure, the guy is attractive, and he could be considered... in some circles, to be hot as fuck, but...

Dew! You like girls! You've fucked girls! Girls girls girls! What's wrong with you?! Pull yourself together! Dew sighs, then grabs his phone. It reads, 5:30 PM, which means that Dew has been asleep for over half the day.

Dew gets off his bed and walks to his shower, spotting Spikes on his bed. He cleans himself up, and brushes his teeth, then makes his way out of his bedroom. He walks over to the living room, and turns on the TV, then takes an Advil and begins making himself some cereal.

Two hours go by, and Dew is just lounging on the couch watching cartoons, before the front door opens. He looks up, and spots Rowan in his military clothes. He has some papers in his hand as well as his keys, and he walks in the door.

Dew ducks his head, regretting not hiding in his room all day. Ugh, Rowan probably remembers everything, too. Ew.

Rowan walks directly to his bedroom, closing the door behind him. Then, he walks back out, and he's once again only wearing sweatpants. Dew isn't even playing this game, as he quickly averts his eyes and focuses on watching the TV. After the episode ends, he walks to the kitchen and takes his seat at the counter.

"How was work?" Dew asks.

Rowan doesn't even look at him, too busy cooking something. Dew can't even tell what he's making from where he's seated, although it smells a lot like chicken.

"Fine."

Dew rolls his eyes. Dew already knows Rowan's secret! He can get a personality now!

"Well what did you do?"

"Paperwork. Patrol. Meetings."

Dew hums, and against his permission, his eyes traveling down Rowan's back. Honestly, it'd be great if Rowan would wear more clothes, because then Dew would stop acting weird. It is his house, though, so it's not like Dew can do anything about it.

Does Dew want to do anything about it?

Dew sighs, watching Rowan's muscles bulge as he spices the chicken. Goddamn. He seriously must work out every day. Really, he has a fucking six pack, which is just...

Wait.

Dew's eyes snap up, and suddenly he's looking Rowan in the eyes.

Oh shit!

It's fine, Rowan didn't see that. Of course not.

An idiot would have noticed you checking him out just now, Dew, don't be fucking stupid.