CHAPTER 5: THE EASTHEM

The next three days are filled with Rowan coming in the morning, discussing the origin until Dew starts to actually come up with ideas, then leaving. Dew shows up to his job most days, ditching twice because he had a 'stomach ache'. Or at least, that's what he told Nick.

Pretty soon it's Monday and Dew is awoken, once again, at 8 a.m. via his doorbell. He groans, rolling out of bed and landing on the floor. He stares at the ceiling for several minutes, until the doorbell rings yet again. Huffing out a sigh, he stumbles his way to a standing position, and makes his way out of his bedroom.

Upon opening the door, Dew is less than thrilled to find Rowan standing on the other side. Fuck! They're leaving today!

Dew did not pack.

"Are you ready to go?" Rowan asks.

Dew nods his head. "Yeah, just hang on."

He turns back around and hastily makes his way back to his bedroom, grabbing his suitcase and shoving random clothes in it. After he's got a sizable amount of clothing options, he throws everything on his bathroom counter into the separate pocket. Then, he rolls on his compression sleeves, grabs a blanket, and races his way back to the front door, where Rowan is waiting.

"Did you just pack?" Rowan asks, an eyebrow raised.

Dew scoffs. "No. I just... forgot some things."

Rowan nods, examining Dew for a moment. Finally, he turns around and begins heading for the staircase. Dew jogs up to walk alongside the man. "So how long are we staying there for? I only took this week off."

"Three days." Rowan replies. Dew frowns, wondering if that includes the days they arrive and leave. Probably not, because then they'd only be there one day, and why else would Rowan ask him to take the entire week off?

The two of them turn and begin walking down the staircase. Dew has done his fair share of traveling, what with having such a famous mom. See, his mother, Stevie Price, has a morning show. He met many celebrities and traveled quite a bit while he was a child, because of this. Nowadays, however, the two aren't really on speaking terms.

Eventually, the two of them reach a government vehicle. Rowan opens the door, and Dew climbs in, thanking him. He sits down on the black leather car seat, and Rowan settles in directly across from him. The driver puts Dew's belongings in the trunk, and a few minutes later, they begin moving.

It hits Dew, then, that he and Rowan are gonna be spending a lot of time together. Typically the captain would drop by for about a half hour in the mornings and be done with it, but the two of them are going to be spending this entire week together. Maybe... perhaps... Dew will be able to learn some things. Maybe he'll figure out Rowan's secret.

"So, if you were trapped on an island and you could bring any three things with you, which three things would you choose and why?" Dew asks after about ten minutes of silence and Rowan looking out the windows.

Rowan glances over at him. "What?"

"If you were trapped on an—"

"Okay, no, I got it." Rowan reclines back in his seat. "I'm not sure. A boat? That's all."

Wow, that was so boring. Leave it to Rowan to solve the problem instead of playing the freaking game. "No boats are allowed!" Dew decides.

Rowan frowns. "You said any three things."

"Except boats. No boats."

"A jet ski."

"No! No." Dew runs a hand down the side of his face. This is going to be a long week. "Nothing that you can leave on. You have to survive on the island."