CHAPTER 50: THANK YOU

The event is dubbed the Osiphian Cave.

As predicted, it is absolutely catastrophic. It is all over the news immediately after it happens, Dew seriously can't escape it. All it does is bring up the bad memories, hating everything that happened. He can't believe so many people had to die for no fucking reason.

Rowan flies them back home, and it surprisingly doesn't take him too long. His wings are large, and can move them quite fast. It's only a matter of hours before they're reaching land, and Rowan does as promised. He takes Dew back to the condo. Sadly, he doesn't stick around, insisting he needs to go meet with King Marley and report everything that happened.

Dew just walks into the condo and immediately searches for Spikes. It doesn't take him long to find her, and he's glad that she isn't limping or anything after what Syth did to her. Dew honestly wishes that Rowan gave him a slower death, though the one he had was pretty painful. Then again, he might've not been all the way dead when Rowan let him go. Hopefully he suffered to the maximum extent.

Spikes is very happy to see him, and Dew wastes no time before getting to work on all the household chores. He cleans Spikes' litter box and refills her food and water, both which were empty. Dew was gone for a few days, he notices upon arrival back home. It appears as though not much happened while he was gone, which is a relief.

Dew spends the entire day relaxing, which is much needed. After the week he's fucking had, he could use it. He deserves it.

When Rowan comes home from work, because yes he went to work right after the traumatic event they just witnessed, Dew is more than happy to see him. He is immediately up and off the couch, staggering a bit, before hastily making his way to greet him. He finds Rowan by the front door, removing his shoes and everything. He's following his normal routine, and Dew is beyond ecstatic at the sight. Holy fuck, he missed normalcy. He missed not having to constantly worry about he and Rowan's safety.

"How was work?" Dew asks, watching Rowan take off his jacket and hang up his keys and everything. The guy doesn't answer him at first, walking over and kissing Dew smack on the mouth. Dew doesn't expect it, eyes widening. Before he can kiss back, Rowan pulls away, moving on with his routine.

Dew just follows him, now in an even better mood. Rowan answers him as he walks to his bedroom. "I have good news."

Dew raises his eyebrows, wondering what this news could be. He finds himself feeling excited, since he could really use some positive things in his life right now. Anything to help him move on from how tragic and stressful his life has been lately. "What is it?"

"We are traveling to Avia."

Dew raises his eyebrows, honestly not expecting that. He supposes it makes sense, due to the fact that they're basically the only two nations left. Sure, there's still part of the Easthem intact, but Queen Aliah has been keeping to herself. She hasn't really contacted anybody, too busy trying to salvage what's left of the Easthem.

"Why?" Dew asks, even though he has some idea. Rowan confirms it with his next words.

"Peace treaty, for the most part." Rowan replies. "Among other things. Marley, Theodoric, Aliah, and Alexine will all be there. There's a lot to talk about."

Dew nods in understanding, glad he's able to tag along. He's always wanted to see Avia, always wondered how there could be an empire in the sky. It just sounds so crazy and impossible, Dew is excited to see it.

"Okay." Dew says simply, watching Rowan get changed. They follow their normal routine of Dinner and cuddling and watching tv, before going to sleep in Rowan's-no, their-room. It all feels right this time, and Dew feels so content and happy.