CHAPTER 6: QUEEN ALIAH

The next day, Dew is awoken at 10 AM, which is a huge improvement from the 8 that Rowan has been plaguing him with.

He gets shaken awake, and finds a sweaty Rowan standing over him, clad in gym clothes. Guess this hotel has a gym?

Dew blinks awake, stretching. "We're going to breakfast," Rowan notifies him, before turning around and walking to the other side of the room. Dew groans, and rolls off the side of the bed.

He is immediately hit with a two foot drop, and he's reminded that this bed actually has a frame on it. Great job, Dew. Now your back is going to hurt the rest of the day.

He sits up and glances around the room, finding Rowan staring at him with raised eyebrows. Dew ignores him, grabbing some of his clothes from his suitcase and walking into their shared bathroom. He takes a shower and brushes his teeth, getting dressed. When he exits the room, he finds Rowan flipping through the little pad he'd been doodling on all night. At Dew's entrance, Rowan looks up.

"These are really good."

Dew walks up to him, and sees that Rowan is watching the little flip book animation Dew did. "Thank you," Dew responds, vaguely aware he's standing too close.

Rowan nods, and sets it back on Dew's night stand. Dew spots his compression sleeves, and reaches over to grab them, making sure that he keeps his arms hidden. He turns away from Rowan as he rolls them on.

"You ready to go?" Rowan inquires, ten minutes later after having his own shower. Dew nods, and the two begin to make their way out of the room.

There is a government vehicle waiting outside for them, and once the two are inside, it pulls onto the freeway. Dew can't seem to take his eyes off the window, as he examines all the buildings they pass. They all look very old, and just about every single person Dew sees appears to be up to no good.

They don't talk the entire ride, and finally they reach an area where the buildings start to look a bit better, more like the Westhem. Not long after that and the vehicle pulls onto a separate road. A guard goes up to the window and talks to the driver for a moment before letting them pass. They pull into a parking lot at the very front of... a castle.

Dew has never seen Nocona Palace, but he's pretty sure that it looks more like a mansion than a castle. This one, though? This is absolutely a castle. It has marble pillars, as well as steps made of the same material. It all frames a large oak door at the very front, which is guarded. In all, it looks nothing like the rest of the Easthem.

The driver parks the car, then walks around and opens the door for Rowan and Dew to exit. They do so, and before he knows it Dew is being lead into the castle by a guard, down a hallway, and into a dining room. It's all marble and wood, and the place is generally beautiful. Dew should have expected it from royalty, but he's still a bit shocked. He and Rowan sit across from each other, on either side of the chair that sits at the head of the table. Dew is absolutely astonished by all the food on the table.

There is a fruit platter, as well as a plate of scrambled eggs and some bacon. There are also hash browns and pancakes and waffles and it takes everything in Dew not to eat it all right there.

Five minutes go by of the two of them sitting there quietly while servers walk around and ready the food, before the doors open.

Dew looks up to find who it is, and in walks a woman. She has skin a few shades darker than Dew's, and light pink hair with yellow eyes. She's wearing a purple and yellow dress, with purple high heels. She makes her way to the head of the table, and a server pulls out the seat for her. She then sits down, and smiles at both Dew and Rowan.